anybody with EDD end June/start July going to Holles St.??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Woodstock Posts: 1565
Just wondering if any of the girls on the June or July thread are going to Holles St. Baby's EDD is 29th of June so it might be a July baby - just wondering if there will be other wollies in the hospital around that time.. :wv
sapphire09 Posts: 393
Yes me!!! Sorry I seem to be stalking your posts these days!
[quote="sapphire09":3ky40lo4]Yes me!!! Sorry I seem to be stalking your posts these days![/quote:3ky40lo4] hi ya, not at all :o0 :wv I'm just thinking what are the chances of being in the same ward for when the time comes! What date are you due? Also, are you going public/semi-private or private? (i met 2 wollies when we were on honeymoon in Mauritius - so everything is possible!!)
I think my EDD is 24th June but I also got EDD of June 29th on some other EDD calculator so not too sure!!..... I think I'll end up going public to be honest, I have VHI etc but public clinic so much handier for me than going into Holles Street and I was told I can't choose to go SP on admission so.... I'll call out 'Woodstock' a few times when I'm in there so we'll see if we're in at the same time :o0
baby2008 Posts: 1254
Hi there, Im due between 7th - 9th July so unless you go over and I go early we probably won't be in at the same time ..... but you never know.
hi girls! :wv [i:36fripwv]sapphire09[/i:36fripwv] - I'm also going public in Holles St. I too have VHI but have heard all good reviews on public care so we're gonna go with that (we are still getting an extra scan privately anyway before seeing HS consultant) When is your first appt in HS? Mine is on January 6th with Dr. Lenehan BTW, why don't you join the June 09 thread? [i:36fripwv]baby2008[/i:36fripwv] - you never know.. I'd say everything is possible - I hear that first pregnancies usually go over their EDD so I'll probably end up being a July mammy anyway! When is your appt in HS?
Hi Woodstock, I've my first appt in the local clinic at start of Jan so not sure about my HS appointment...does that sound right, are you using any of the public clinics or is it easier for you to go to HS for your appts? I must join the June thread...oooooh so exciting!
hey sapphire09, I'm doing the combined scheme between my GP and HS. My GP is very close to where we live (i could walk to it if I wasn't as lazy as I am!) :-8 I have also booked an early scan with a private clinic at 12 weeks, it's 100 euro but well worth it to see our baby and also we'll be able to announce it after that. HS it's not as handy as we're in West Dublin/Meath border but only about 25 mins drive to town (if there's no traffic!). I keep on telling DH we have to figure out the fastest way to HS for when the moment comes!
I forgot to mention, I never got a letter back from HSE to confirm that we qualify for combined scheme (which I'm sure we do) - should I ring them to see what the story is? or is there a backlog? I filled in that form and my GP was meant to send it off..
neddie Posts: 580
Hi Girls, I'm also due early July (4th) and have made an appointment with Holles Street (Dr Keane) but my appointment isn't until Jan 19th so I'm going to get a private scan also. Woodstock, can I ask where you're going for the scan please? I've no doubt there'll be some of us hanging around there about the same time, come July so we shout keep en eye out. Not sure we won't have other things on our mind though than "spot the wollie". :o0