Anyone at the 6 Week Stage ?????????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

december06bride Posts: 245
I am 6 weeks pregnant and its my first baby and we are both thrilled as we only have been trying a few months. I am so worried about having a miscarriage as i have a busy lifestyle, but since i found out i am getting my husband to do all the lifting and heavy work. Just wondering is there anyone out there at the same stage as me and how are you feeling. I am just tired at the moment, i stomach feels doggy sometimes but i have not been sick i think its more excitment than anything. I am dying to tell my parents but we think its a bit early...................... i would love to hear from any other girls at the same stage as myself.............
Sassy Posts: 2269
I'm 7 wks and very nervous about having a miscarriage. I am so tired i find it hard to get through the day. We told our parents straight away. I couldn't keep it from my mother as she knew we where trying for so long and that i was on clomid. The other reason was that if anything was to go wrong my husband and my parents would be the people i wanted around me. We are very excited about being pregnant but it hasn't really sinked in. I am getting an early scan next week to make sure there is only one baby there, so i suppose after that i will feel more pregnant.
charli Posts: 5994
hiya, i am almost 7 weeks so am with you too!!! this is my second baby - DD will be 4 when the baby comes along i too have fears, it's only natural and often think "ill never be as lucky 2nd time around to have another healthy baby" but of course, thats not true. thing is just to stay positive, i feel excatly the same as i did on pg 1. tired, a little nausea though no sickness and had two belting headaches 2 weeks ago - but other than that i am great!! we have told our parents/brothers/sisters - couldnt not!! cant wait to tell my little girl but will wait until after scan for that i will get my scan at 13 weeks nothing else to share - pretty uneventful other than that!! i have weight on already (about 5lbs id say, which again mirrors my first pg - just eating more!not baby weight) though am not worried as my first trimester the last time was the same and in total i just put on 2 stone which is average best of luck - try not to worry (impossible i know) and look forward to chatting to you!
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
I'm just a little further than you at 7.5 weeks. Feeling sick and tired all the time, but doing ok regardless! I'm not worrying about miscarriage at all. Had my early private scan and saw the heartbeat and feel that things are going to be fine. I didn't really worry before then either. What will be will be and I intend to enjoy it as best I can until I know any different. We're telling all the families this weekend and have told a few close friends. After the family know we'll probably tell a few more friends too. As others have said, if something did go wrong, these are the people I would want around us. Best of luck and try to focus on the positive as best you can.
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
I COULD BE 6 WEEKS, i AM 12 DAYS LATE AND HAVE BEEN GETTING NEG PREG TEST RESULTS. I'M WAITING FOR BLOOD TEST RESULTS I AM FEELING SICK BUT HAVEN'T BEEN SICK. I'M NOT SURE ABOUT MY BOOBS THOUGH I THINK THERE IS A SLIGHT BROWN RING AROUND THE NIPPLE AND DH THINKS THE AREOLA ARE BIGGER, BUT THAT COULD BE FROM CONSTANLTY LOOKING FOR CHANGES!!! CM IS VERY HEAVY I'M GUSHING WHEN I WALK ARE U FEELING ANYTHING LIKE ME???
mrsjay Posts: 190
hi december couldn't not reply to you as i was the exact same as you. i was very nervous for the first couple of weeks but as sleep monster very wisely says there is nothing we can do about it either way so it's really best to just go with the flow. you have to remember that the most normal thing is that everything will work out fine - anything else would be out of the ordinary so don't bring yourself down with worries. honestly, i've been there myself (and only 2 weeks ago!) but it does get easier to believe as time goes by. enjoy this very special time. :o)ll
curlymum Posts: 64
I am only 5 weeks but close enough to you. I haven't even went to doc yets and wont for another while. This is my third baby but we are as excited as if it was first. My boobs are sore and I was jsut commenting to Dh last nite that I had no real sickness yet but by god did i speak to soon or what. i have been feeling crampy and sicky all last nite and today. Tums seems to settle it tho. I was sick with DD up to 14 weeks and not at all with son so will see if have same symptoms again. I thought I was very early getting these but sure that is pregnancy for you. All different