anyone been to beauty bootcamp???(dublin)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Missy09 Posts: 294
thinking of booking this for my sister & Myself) is it worth it.. anyone been to it???
Thumper2010 Posts: 579
Haven't heard of it. Do they have a website?
saw it on a U mag maybe two months ago.. google it (they have a website) looks good just wanted to hear from someone who might know more about it before I book...
mrsb09 Posts: 1292
just looked this up it looks good would like for xmas pressie, wonder is it any good??
It does look good but would love to here if it is??? thining of getting it for a xmas pressie for my neice.. Anyone????
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
My friends took me to Beauty Bootcamp for my b'day in October. It's a full day, from 10am-5pm. In the morning we had a class on hairstyling and in the afternoon we did makeup. TBH, the hair class wasn't great. The Bootcamp is held in a basement with no natural light, and the light in the room was bad. There were about 15 of us, and we all had out own mirror but not everyone had a light at theirs. I didn't find the class content itself very good either. The hairdresser was friendly, but not great at explaining stuff. We learnt how to straighten out our hair with dryer, GHD curls and curls with a round brush. The equipment was all provided, but you could bring your own, which may be better- for example I have short-ish hair, and was given a huge round brush to do the curls- it was too big for what we were trying to do. I didn't really learn much to be honest. After lunch we had the make up class, which was fantastic. The room was better lit- we all had mirrors and good lighting. There were loads of products to try, and the make-up artist spent time with each person, demonstrating how to do the make up and and advising on colours etc. I really came away with a lot of info and tips which have helped me do my face since. Overall, I'd say go for it, but it's something you should do with a friend- on your own it may be a little isolating as the people who know each other help their friends etc. The hair class was disappointing, but still fun as I had a laugh with my friends. The make up class was worth going for alone. Hope this helps :thnk