Anyone been to Benalmadena?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

groovee Posts: 529
Hi girls, Has anyone been to Benalmadena? Would you recommend it? We have flights booked to Malaga for a weekend in Oct and I'm looking for a nice place to go for a bit of relaxation. No wild partying just nice restaurants/tapas etc. We've been to Nerja but i'm looking for somewhere else as nice on the Costa Del Sol? If anyone has hotel recomendations that would be great too!
chocolatekissesld87 Posts: 349
Hey I haven't been myself but I know a few people who have and they loved it the sunset beach club hotel is amazing we wanted to go there ourself this year but ended up going to torremolinos instead but hoping to get to benalmadena next year :)
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
Did anyone else read that as Ballymena? Bet you were about to issue a grave warning also.
Bluebellbride Posts: 610
[quote="Weird Cat Lady":39bnw9bl]Did anyone else read that as Ballymena? Bet you were about to issue a grave warning also.[/quote:39bnw9bl] :yelrotflmaosmilie:
MadWoman2013 Posts: 528
I've been a few times and I really like it, the Marina is fab for nice and relaxed bars and restaurants. There are lovely sea front walks where you can walk right up to Carihuela fishing village. I do recommend!
Grotty Dotty Posts: 751
I would try to stay near the Marina if you could. I also think having stayed there twice that the Sunset Beach Club is totally overrated. I would recommend the MAC Puerto Marina, which was formerly the Riu. Fantastic location and as another poster said you can walk along the beach front all the way to the Carihuela which I love.
lorraine78 Posts: 988
We stayed in the sol aloha hotel, location is perfect. Its right on the beach and there's a lovely marina with loads of restaurants not even five minutes away.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I stayed in the Riu Puerto Marina hotel right at the marina, perfect location... Bit dearer than the other hotels though :-/ Personally I wouldn't like the Sunset Beach but I can be a picky b1tch! The marina area has some fab restaurants and IMO is the nicest part to spend time there, I really enjoyed it.
bubalicous Posts: 19
We stayed in vinnci allesion spa and boutique. Thats prob not the right spelling but it was unreal. Lift to beach, small boutique hotel. Amazing. yWe s
bubalicous Posts: 19
We stayed in vinnci allesion spa and boutique. Thats prob not the right spelling but it was unreal. Lift to beach, small boutique hotel. Amazing. yWe s