Anyone been to Lisbon??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Just wondering if it's worth a visit??
Shells Bells Posts: 650
Hi Scruff, I there on a girls weekend a few years ago. I'd definitely recommend it, it has everything, city break and beach holiday in one. I would recommend staying in the city, we were a couple of miles outside it and had major problems with taxis.
stylefreak Posts: 693
If you go make sure you take a trip out to Sintra, its a national heritage site and it totally amazing. Best thing we did while we were there by far. We stayed in the Fontana Park Hotel, it's in the business district and is not touristy (which I hate), it won an international design hotel award so the decor alone is worth the stay. From what I remember it was quite cheap for a four star too.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Thanks ladies, do you have any idea of the best areas to stay!? Want to be withingwalking distance to the main tourist area but not right in the middle of it. Like would like to be able to walk to and from hotel to go to bars, cafes, etc? Thanks!!
caramelsquare Posts: 866
Anywhere near La Rosso square is nice and central. Would def be the touristy area too if you don't mind that, but it is nice anyway. Lisbon is a beautiful city.
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Been to Lisbon heaps of times as my DH's family are from portugal and he speaks portugeuse also. Can't give any recommendations on places to stay as we normally stay up the coast. Love Lisbon though, very overlooked as a city break.