Anyone buy Nursery Curtains from Ikea?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
Anyone buy Nursery Curtains from Ikea? We are in the process of starting to decorate the nursery bit by bit. I am shocked at the price of some of the nursery sets (esp. curtains) and have taken a look at the Ikea website but worried about the quality. Has anyone bought them? We have a black out blind. Thanks in advance for your replies x
Delphinium Posts: 3027
The quality in Ikea is like most places.... You get what you pay for. You can buy as cheap or as dear as you want there. So it depends which ones you're looking at. The biggest problem with Ikea curtains is that they only come in one size and they would be too narrow for most windows. Even for the box room which we did up for DS. We live in a fairly average semi-d. Also, the standard size is really long because you're supposed to take them up to the length you need. They'd be fine if you only want them to be decorative but if you want them to close, I'd look elsewhere! I know I found all the above really annoying when we were doing the nursery this time last year because I really liked some of the kids curtains.
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
Many thanks. We have decorated the box room but the window is big enough and I am finding the size a problem alright. I thought Ikea might be wider.