Anyone do Hibernia Course?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aston Posts: 4100
Hi, I have applied to Hibernia to do the primary teaching course and am waiting to be called for interview. Has anyone been to an interview for this course? I would love to know what they ask you in Irish and how to prepare for it. Thanks a mill :thnk
loup Posts: 6
Hi I am starting Hibernia in a few weeks time ...I cant wait. Go to the educationposts.com website there is a whole forum on there about Hibernia and all the possible english & Irish questions that have come up in the past. Best of Luck
Thanks loup! Are you all excited to be starting? I cant wait to get started and hope I make it into the Feb class! best of luck :wv
Isis Posts: 484
Im starting the course in a few weeks time too. I wouldnt worry about the interview. I was worried but very little of my interview was actually in Irish On a different note I wouldnt get your hopes up for the Feb course as the courses fill up very fast and this course could already be full. This happened me and I was v disappointed so just to let you know. They just keep doing interviews and fill up whatever course has the next available space but at this stage that could be the October 09 course and not the Feb 09 course
I was actually thinking that Isis. We got an email back to say we will be interviewed in 2-3 months by which time the Feb '09 will more than likely be full! Am really fed up waiting wish we could just walk into a course and get started you know. So ya it'll prob be Oct '09 ill be starting! How do you feel about starting? U all excited? U keep on a job while you doin it? Thanks for tips re interview x
Ill prob have to at least get a part-time job while doing it cos Ive bills to pay etc but I really hope not to have to work full time I dont really know how I feel now about starting. Im just married so still kind of struggling to get back to normal life as such still so Im a bit all over the place :o0
Congrats on the wedding! You'll settle into the course Id say no problem! I am a year married and wish I had applied last year! Just know this is what I want to do and would love to get started! Did you do much sub teaching?
Congrats on the wedding! You'll settle into the course Id say no problem! I am a year married and wish I had applied last year! Just know this is what I want to do and would love to get started! Did you do much sub teaching?
I didnt do any sub-teaching as Ive been working full time in my office job. Im hoping I might get some once I start the course