Anyone doing anything nice for Valentine's Day?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Anyone doing anything nice for Valentine's Day this year? It's our first engaged Valentine's so we're going to a hotel on the Friday night and then I'm cooking dinner on Valentine's Day itself, the Saturday. Any ideas for what I could cook, something impressive and romantic yet very very easy?! By the by, in case anyone is looking for a cheap-ish night away, we got a room at the Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley, for 65 euro. It's room only, no breakfast but it's a four star hotel and really lovely, gorgeous big rooms. That was for the 13th now, I think the price goes up for Valentine's night itself, but the prices still aren't too bad. Anyone doing anything lovely that they want to share with the class?
macsmissus Posts: 928
Hi smileykaz, it's our first Valentines engaged too. We are going to Donegal for the weekend where we were when we got engaged. He is taking me to the beach where he proposed on Saturday and we're going to have fish & chips (weather permitting) and then dinner in the hotel that night!! Really looking forward to it!!! :lvs :wv Brill deal on the Clarion, friend got married there and she said the rooms were really nice! Enjoy *)
fifibelle Posts: 4447
Aw that sounds fab, hope you have a brilliant time! We are just back from honeymoon so no plans as we are still jet lagged!!! I'd say we will probably get a nice takeaway and get cosey on the sofa with our little doggie who missed us so much when we were away.
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
congrats fifibelle :o)ll we are going to galway for the wkend our last valentines as an engaged couple next time we be married :xox my sister booked it for us as our xmas pressie and am soo looking forward to it ..been ages since we got away :lvs
chaos Posts: 1904
im getting my make up trial on saturday afternoon and h2b is cooking for when I get home! a nice and quiet one
ddesmond Posts: 457
we're going to buy our wedding rings - can't wait!!!
fifibelle Posts: 4447
Thanks Bunnybaby! Hope you have a brill vals day!
LadyBug Posts: 545
Im cooking this year, nice meal with a lovely bottle of Cava and then sitting down to watch Ant & Dec's Saturday night live!! How rosemantic is that??!!! :o0
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
everyones valentines sounds lovely, we're doing our mass booklet I think, need to make headway on it
LabLady Posts: 4325
dunno what we are going to manage to do, DH works nights at the weekend so thinking of sneaking into AS's sat morning and picking up something "nice" and come home and wake him up.lol. Am dog sitting the whole weekend so.... not going to be going anywhere. Have fun ladies!