anyone doing the mini marathon on June 1st?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

katiemomma Posts: 2690
my boss wants me to do it with her. we must enter still and its in 8 wks! im so unfit dont walk or go to gym! so im wondering will i be fit enough to do 10k? i would just walk it in my own time if i am to do it. im 24 and 5'4 9+1/2 stone so im the right weight for my size according to bmi etc. what do ye think. if i start walking every day to get used to it will i be ok? noway would i jog it even. walk at my own pace.
Doll Face Posts: 3721
Im doing it............4 days before my wedding :o0 :o0 I have been walking everyday for the last 2 weeks 1 hour the group of women im doing it with are all sorts of sizes and weights some are walking some are joging and a few are running............if you want to walk it or jog and walk youll have plenty of time. This is my first year doing it but i cant wait itll be some laugh and the best part is its all for charity :o)ll :o)ll
dellywellie Posts: 29
Hi ladies I am just wondering if someone could kindly oblige me in relation to the mini marathon. The entry list is full and I would still like to enter. The mini-marathon organisers will let me enter if I find someone who cannot partake in it and who has entered already. I will cover the fee you paid so don't worry I am not looking for a freebie. Any one that could help, I would be very grateful. Thanks x
rayven12 Posts: 392
I did the mini marathon 3yrs ago and didn't really train....figured running around after kids all day was training enough! Did it in about 1hr 30mins? Doing it again this year :o0
lcarrick Posts: 1639
yep i'm doing it! walking it though don't think my body knows wat running is.!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 i'm doing it for the aspca! help the poor doggies out! :wv
frecklz Posts: 1839
Us too! I'm also jogging for the animals!