Anyone else ever feel like this?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aylala Posts: 3673
We are going to start ttc staright after the wedding :o)ll , but, I have been on the pill for nearly 10 years and never 'been caught out' and now that we are actually ready for a baby (well H2B has been for ages more than me) I'm terrified we wont be able to? Does everyone have these anxious feelings
Dreamster Posts: 6620
All the time! I am not in a perm job and as soon as I get one I will be ttc..... I worry all the time that we will have problems and part of me says to belt away and to hell with the job but no point having a child and no money to feed/clothe it!
NotHere Posts: 10273
Yeah, that has always been my biggest fear...But keeping calm about it now. There is no point in worrying about it really. I was on the pill 10yrs too, been off it since the start of Sept, a lot of the girls here have been on it for the same time scale. :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
I know what you mean, I never felt 'ready' and I'm kicking myself sometimes we didnt do it sooner (I'm 27) but I lost my dad 3 years ago and I think that may have something to do with only getting married/ttc this year - the last 3 years feel like a blur? Its weird
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Hi Aylala - of course everyone has these feelings, I certainly did, In my head I was asking myself how do I know that all my bits work and I actually could carry a child or even hubby how do we know if his bits were all working ??!! and each month that passes with no bfp you will thinkg the same until you get your BFP, but dont worry about it until you are ttc for a certain length of time and especially if you have been on the pill for that length of time, it can take a while for things to get back to normal and your cycles to sort themselves out. Good Luck and enjoy the ttc MrsNoc
mammybean Posts: 10364
it may take your body a while to regulate itself, but try not to worry too much
Cheers girls - its weird, never thought I'd see the day of actually planning a pregnancy (not very maternal) can't tell my mam we're going to try straightaway as she wont leave me alone :o0
Ducky Posts: 2506
Aylala, I felt exactly the same way as you. We were told it might take a while to conceive by the doc as DH is a bit older, we both used to smoke, I was on pill for 13 years without a break, was overweight for years (not now bar bump!) and had loads of little gyne problems such as regular bouts of thrush, and suspected PID when I was younger. Love, I didn't make it to my first AF after I stopped the pill... :o0 Lucky us, I know, but I had been good in the previous six months (lost weight, quit smoking, lots of exercise, good diet, less stress) and my mother conceived easily, which is supposed to be a good sign too. You won't know until you try! Best of luck
Angel2 Posts: 787
Ya I know exactly how you feel. I've only been off the pill since the end of November and we "haven't been careful" since then. We were always being so careful throughout the years before we got married and now that we're married and not "being careful" it seems just bizarre to me! I worry about the whole process - i worry how long it's going to take and I worry if when I do get my BFP that I'll have a healthy preganancy. I think my biggest worry is probably the birth itself but I'm sure a lot of people feel like that! But believe me, I know exactly how you feel.
Phew, glad to know I'm not alone here Ducky can't believe you were that lucky!!! Lucky ducky :o0