Anyone else feel down about being pregnant??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunflower1 Posts: 154
Hi girls, just wondering does anyone else feel down about being pregnant. I'm nearly 18 weeks and still feeling really sick, just can't stand it anymore.
short n sweet Posts: 1802
Sunflower you poor thing - I had bad MS for about 15 weeks on DD and I don't think anybody understands how horrible it is unless they have had it - you are probably tired too as I found it very draining and this will make you have more negative thoughts. When my MS cleared up I was in and out of hospital with bleeding so overall I had a fairly crap pregnancy but - and I sure you have heard it a million times - you really will forget and it will all be worth it once the baby arrives. My MS has started to get fairly bad again already and I am not looking forward to it but honestly when you have your baby you will say I would do it all again to have this precious little person here with me - hope you start to feel better soon :xxx
Nadie Posts: 1111
oh Sunflower, that sickness is dragging on a bit, I hope you get some relief soon. I'm having a fairly handy pregnancy and still I've had enough of it already, with 12 weeks to go! It's a long hard slog alright. I spent a bit too much time at the weekend fantasising about eating brie and getting drunk and maybe having a little cigarette....I sometimes look at pics of little cute babies in mothercare catalogues and suchlike, just to remind me why I'm doing this and what I have to look forward to. It helps a little! Or go and visit any friend or relative with a baby to get you all excited again...
Duffers Posts: 1841
I really dont kknow what to say. When I had MS up to about week 13, I felt relieved, I would worry if I wasn't sick as I knew everything was normal while being sick. I know this is not much help though...you must feel miserable. Can you try reflexology or acupuncture?
MrsMOR Posts: 17
Sunflower1, I know exactly how you feel. I was sick from week 6 to 13/14. It was horrible like having a hangover from morning to night. I took 3 weeks leave from work and sat at home crying. Then one morning I woke up and it was gone couldn't believe it. I still dread the thought of it coming back. I was only saying to OH at the weekend I don't think I will have anymore because I couldn't go through that again.... It will pass and my doc had mentioned if after 16 weeks I was still sick she would see what she could do so maybe go back to your doc and she if they can give you anything.
tilsun Posts: 4506
Oh you poor thing. I have had so little MS and the odd bit I do get makes me so miserable. I honestly take my hat off to any of you girls who have had to put up with it for so long. You've every right to feel down. Any little treats you could organise for yourself? :thnk
blondiee Posts: 771
sunflower I hope it starts to ease for you and you feel better. I do hear uoi and understand how you're feeling, I was very down at the beginning, even tho I really was delighted to be pregnant, my whole life changed literally overnight and I found it hard to deal with early on. Iat around 13/14 weeks I really came out of it and feel great since then, totally enjoying the pregnancy now and loving that the bump is on show, makes it feel more real. You will pick up soon and it will all be wiped from your memory, that's the amazing thing about pregnancy. Big hugs :wv
BumpityBump Posts: 80
Mrs. Sunflower, i know exactly how you feel! Im 27 weeks this week and can honestly say ive been sick every single day since i was 6 weeks gone. Its hard going, im so excited about the baby but just wishing it was all over now and i feel so terrible saying that cause i feel like i should be enjoying every second of it! To add to my crappiness ive start suffering with really bad heartburn so im up all night with it and it gets so bad sometimes that makes me sick too! I sat on the bed and cried this morning i was so tired and fed up! I think the next person that says to me i look like crap i will strangle!! :o0 Only thing i do is just try to get through one day at a time, im having a really crappy day today, already been sick about 4 times but i know tomorrow mightn be as bad and it does help me... just keep counting down your weeks and we'll get there eventually! x
happymumof2 Posts: 288
Oh Girls I hear ya! I have only had about 3 weeks with no m/s, and its back now worse than ever and as for the tiredness that is back now aswell worse than ever too slept through Sunday only awake for about 3 hours in total, this whole thing of taking it easy is just going way too far :o0 . Its really getting me down now, don't get me wrong I know it will all be worth it in the end but at the moment I just cant see the end at all. :wv
charliesangel Posts: 2106
sunflower i hear ya im 19 weeks tomorrow and only this week have i not got sick every morning for 18 weeks beng in the denist 4 times cause of constant pain in my teeth but then got 1st movement on friday and it kinda mad it worth it