Anyone else feel like this...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cars01 Posts: 163
Hey Guys, This is very silly but i cant wait to have kids. We are going to wait a bit until after the wedding unless accidents happen... At the moment though even though i cant wait to have them, i am also glad if i am minding a child that i can give it back... Its awful i know. The idea that i will have it constantly, i dont know, unnerves me i suppose. Did anyone feel like this before they had their children........ :oops: :o :D Its very strange cause at times, i just cant wait for us to have kids..... Little H2B's....
yoohoo Posts: 57
10/04 Posts: 48
I was like that too but when I held my baby it was completely different. I remember seeing my new nephew when I was 10 weeks pregnant and although I was thrilled about being pregnant and thrilled about him it really terrified me even later on I used to look at him and think how will we manage and will our relationship change, that was one of my biggest fears that myself and DH would drift apart. From the moment DH found out he was worried about the birth and spent the 9 months stressing about it, I didn’t worry about that at all until the day I was induced. Everything does work out and I wouldn’t change any of it. I remember some one asking me how I was finding things was it easier or harder than I expected and I remember saying way easier. People try and frighten you with talks of endless sleepless nights and no more fun etc. Things do change but it is brilliant and I highly recommend it :D :D
MrsC2B Posts: 500
Cars01, think its normal to become a little [or a lot] unnerved if you dwell on the responsibility of it all, its massive. That said you can also spend time dwelling on the upsides of which there are so so many. We're expecting our first baby on 1 June and we can hardly wait for the little one to arrive, the experience so far has brought us even closer together, its such a magical thing to think you've both created this little being growing away inside of you . . . I'm loving it so far anyway as is DH . . .