Anyone else get freaked out by the size of baby on board?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

im waiting Posts: 2727
Im only over 10 weeks but I hate thinking of what size baby is right now. It totally freaks me out. DH asked me a couple of weeks ago and I didnt want to know then he said its the size of a grape and I was like "Thanks for that, now Im going to worry even more". I just feel for the little thing being so small and helpless :-8 :o( Anyone else feel like me?
tilsun Posts: 4506
I thought this would be about fears of having a big baby. Just found out mine is a whopper and wanted to share :-8 I don't think I ever got freaked about by the tininess of baby but I do hate when they compare them to fruit. Maybe it would help to think about how well cushioned and protected your little one is inside you :wv
mammyslittlerogue Posts: 2184
[quote="tilsun":185aiycb] Just found out mine is a whopper and wanted to share :-8 [/quote:185aiycb] Oh sorry hun but this made me laugh ... PG he/she wont be too big!
elpi Posts: 748
tilsun, I know how you feel!! I'm only 14 weeks and everyone is saying oh you're gonna have a big one(I'm 5 10 and DH is 6 1) :eek :eek
yippeeme Posts: 2139
I thought this was about fear of huge babies too! Both Dh and i are tall and broad, so i reckon we're screwed! I'll need to be numb from my eyebrows down! :eek Although part of me kinda wants to have a big baby cause i have a notion it'll be easier to look after, just sleep and eat hopefully! ;o) Is there any truth to that notion though, do big babies tend to be more content?
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
i never worry about the baby being small, in the early days they have loads of room to move around and are so well protected. for those worried about big babies, DS was 11lbs, i'm tiny and was grand. he defo didn't just eat and sleep though!!!
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Tilsun dont worry hun i had a whopper and am ok after it lol!!!
yippeeme Posts: 2139
Wow babyblabber 11lbs, thats massive! Fair play to you! My friend has a baby girl that was 9lbs 7oz and she's actually the best baby ever, never cries, literally just sleeps, eats and laughs. She's 10 months now and has been like that since day one, so my normal view of babies has been skewed by this unnaturally good baby! So afraid i'll have a real cranky baby now and i won't know what hit me! :ooh