Menu

Anyone else getting a stitch/cramp when walking??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SparklyB2B Posts: 1131
I could not walk more that 20 steps today without getting a terrible stitch on my right hand side, hurt everytime I lifted my leg.. Anyone else get this?
crazylady10 Posts: 539
hi sparklyB2B! Im the same as you and im Only 12 wks gone but i cant even walk 30 steps without being totally out of puff and feeling like im going to collapse! Its awful! But as i keep telling myself .... It'll be all worth it in the end!!!
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Sparklyb2b I used to get this constantly before. If I was walking around town, even just walking around a shopping centre or if I rushed anywhere. Apparently it's all normal. I used to just stop when it happened & do a gentle stretch & just rest for a minute or 2 & then continue.
missybride Posts: 304
yea ive just started gettin this the last week if im walkin too fast or about town too long, im sure it will get worse before it gets better! lol
Daff Posts: 11644
It's normal, just slow down and rest - don't try to walk through it like I used to do! :o0 used to be told to run through it in PE as a kid, but beign pregnant it's a sign to slow down
canuck Posts: 189
Sparklyb2b, I'm so delighted you put this up here. I've been in the same boat for a while now.. as soon as I go for a walk, I get a stitch on either side..one time, I was out walking and my belly really hardened and felt like a tonne in weight..and also had pain..not bad or anything and it went straightaway. Are we supposed to stop walking altogether? What are you doing? I'm peed off though as wanted to continue with my walking routine and I'm finding it hard. Also have pain in the groin area when I get up in the morning ..feels like it's been stretched.. I suppose it is!! Went to Chiro today now so hopefully it will help a bit. Moan Moan Moan!
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i got it towards the end. think it is defo a sign to slow down