Anyone else gone right off Eastenders?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

finet Posts: 403
Anyone else gone right off Eastenders? I used to be obsessed with it, it was the only soap I watched, the only program I followed really and lately I just couldn't care less about it. Is it just me or are the storylines gone really strange? Loads of characters have gone out of it too. I just can't seem to pay attention when its on anymore. Just me?
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
I'm gone off all the soaps at the moment, Eastenders, Corrie and Emmerdale the story lines are just crap O:| O:|
pebble79 Posts: 196
Same here. The only one i kinda watch is fair city, but thats the odd time. Their not the same as they used to be. Such terrible story lines. :action34
Jawl Posts: 8881
When Kat and Alfie got Tommy back I literally sighed with relief. Cos that story line did my head in. They ripping the hole out of it now with all this Michael Moon/Ronnie crap :eek
im waiting Posts: 2727
Myself and DH use to watch Eastenders religiously everyday it was on. But once the storyline about the baby swapping began, that was it for me! Why would they start such a stupid storyline on New Years Eve!!!!! It might be only me and I know its only a programme, but I like to start the New Year full of positive thoughts and memories. If I watched Eastenders that night I would be inconsolable. I didn't watch it again until the day Kat got her baby back, I watched it again once since then but I really couldn't be bothered with such crap depressing, storylines. I said it then and I still feel the same - I hope that stupid storyline causes the end to Eastenders because those stupid story writers seem to be just killing the programme which resulted in some good Characters wanting to leave. Its a pile of Depressing crap these days.
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
I have, it is featuring two of my least favourite characters - Ronnie and Jack, too much, a new addition Michael Moon is just as bad. And shouty Roxy who just can't SEEM to compLETE a sentence withOUT roaring HALF of it. Hope Ronnie is jailed and they kill her off in prison like they did Cindy Beale :o0
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
[quote="bazinga":2dfbgpcz] Hope Ronnie is jailed and they kill her off in prison like they did Cindy Beale :o0[/quote:2dfbgpcz] oh dont say that, she might end up in corrie :o0 :o0 :o0
finet Posts: 403
[quote="bazinga"]I have, it is featuring two of my least favourite characters - Ronnie and Jack, too much, a new addition Michael Moon is just as bad. And shouty Roxy who just can't SEEM to compLETE a sentence withOUT roaring HALF of it. /quote] yep they're all drippy/freaky characters, I used to like Roxy but they all bore me to tears now. It goes through phases like this I think, the good writers must be on hols or something...
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
who is the young girl with the brown hair. thats hanging around darrens girlfriend?
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
[quote="mammymcphee":1g7yr6b5][quote="bazinga":1g7yr6b5] Hope Ronnie is jailed and they kill her off in prison like they did Cindy Beale :o0[/quote:1g7yr6b5] oh dont say that, she might end up in corrie :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:1g7yr6b5] :o0 I don't care, I've give up on it too! New girl is Poppy, she was in it once a few months ago and back in now. Prob as Darren and Vanessa are leaving!