Anyone else got a KBC mortgage?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Steph2 Posts: 1044
Just received our mortgage statement and on it, it said that no interest will be charged on our mortgage for the month of February. Happy days..... but it's almost too good to be true. We're currently on a fixed rate. Anyone else get this info in their statement?
tk84 Posts: 14
Hi Steph :wv Just looking at my KBC statement now too, and yeah it does say something about no interest for Feb 29th. I agree with u, too good to be true... I am on a fixed rate also. I wouldnt have noticed the part about the no interest if it wasnt for your post.
[quote="tk84":bfekvqr5]Hi Steph :wv Just looking at my KBC statement now too, and yeah it does say something about no interest for Feb 29th. I agree with u, too good to be true... I am on a fixed rate also. I wouldnt have noticed the part about the no interest if it wasnt for your post.[/quote:bfekvqr5] Hmmmmmmm, interesting. Will give KBC a ring in the morning to check it out. I just can't figure out why they would do that?? I wonder if they have overcharged interest or something? Or maybe something to do with the changes in TRS?? I haven't a breeze! How cool would it be if it means what I think it means - that would save us a hefty sum of money this month!! :hyper:
Actually - how stupid am I!!!! I bet it just means that no interest will be charged on that particular day - because it's a leap year!! I should have known :weep
southsidebelle Posts: 118
You got me all excited. We have not received our statement but just reading the last post is it just ni interest on the 29th as it is an extra day this year and probably not for the whole month???
tk84 Posts: 14
Yeah that would be very nice!!! Especially coz the interest is always more then the actual capital repayment :eek Would love to know what they tell you tomorrow, it must be on everyone's statement this month. Probably just no interest on 29th though.
Ah I'd say it's definitely just for the 29th - I just read it completely wrong!! Not even going to bother ringing them. That's what I get for being greedy :duh: