Anyone else hungry ALL the time??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
I'm not on a diet and I eat pretty much what I want but I'm always hungry. Anyone any ideas for relatively healthy filling snacks for between meals? I skip breakfast most of the time so for the next 2 weeks I'm going to set the clock to get up earlier to have something before I leave the house and I'm making myself a flax seed and mixed berry smoothie to have mid morning in work. I'm hoping that'll work to curtail the hunger pangs. At the moment I eat 2 dinners a day (one at lunch, one in the evening), have chocolate and peanuts mid afternoon, eat cheese and crackers when I get home (before my dinner) and I usually eat more chocolate/ nuts/ crisps after dinner. I do drink around 2 litres of water a day though so it really is hunger and not thirst.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Yes I'm hungray AAAAAALLL the time. TBH actually I amen't sure if I'm actually hungry or just my obsession with food that has me thinking about it all the time. When I'm not being "good" I'm so bold and snack on chocolate and cakes the whole time. But when I'm trying to be good I'd try snack on fruit, raw carrots, nuts (not too many though), rice cakes, cracottes with laughing cow light, cup a soups are good to stave off the hunger till dinner time (high in salt though). .... can't really think of much else!
wowser Posts: 538
Me!! Im hungry all the time, and I am always thinking of food, what to have for lunch, dinner, etc. Its ridiculous. I eat a lot, try to eat healthy, I am not on a diet either but seriously I have a big appetite and I always have. You know this people who say 'oh im not feeling well, not really feeling like eating anything..' when they have a cold or not feeling their best? ( Not a serious illness). I dont think I have EVER ever said that, I wouldnt skip a meal for the world, no way. I wrote few weeks about porridge in the morning, that it didnt even fill me up they way it does for other people, have been putting some seeds and a bit of fruit, and yes it seems better. few snacks like rice crakers with peanut butter, slice of cheese, ryvitta with humus, apples, a banana, thats the kind of thing I snack on. Also I need hot food, by that I mean warm, if i have a salad for lunch/ raw food etc i know I'll be starving, i need warmth in my belly. I have cups with boiling water and a tea spoon of organic vegetable bouillon and that keeps me going during the day.
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
[quote="Mrs Coco":3cvwy2ph] Also I need hot food, by that I mean warm, if i have a salad for lunch/ raw food etc i know I'll be starving, i need warmth in my belly.[/quote:3cvwy2ph] I'm the very same- I can never have a salad for lunch!
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Not as much now, since doing the diet. You HAVE TO have breakfast every morning, not a good idea to start the day with nothing inside you. The whole trick is protein, even if it's something small like cheese on toast as you're walking out the door if you have to. If you eat some fruit, or something small, every 4hrs, you don't start looking for the packets of biscuits. Apparently, if you feel hungry, drink some water, as they say 70% of the time you're just dehydrated.
wowser Posts: 538
[quote="Time For A Change":1nlygao1]If you eat some fruit, or something small, [b:1nlygao1]every 4hrs[/b:1nlygao1], you don't start looking for the packets of biscuits. Apparently, if you feel hungry, drink some water, as they say 70% of the time you're just dehydrated.[/quote:1nlygao1] see? every 4h??! I need something every 2h :innocent:
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
I ate rings round myself all wknd but then my AF arrived so thats what it was lol.. After pregnancy you forget these time of the month quirks!
Ms HP Posts: 617
Yeah i agree if you don't have breakfast the rest of the day is a disaster eating all around you!
blue2012 Posts: 126
My Oh is like this, can't fill him at all! What works for him is to make sure he has the balance of food right. Carbs fill you and give you that nice full feeling. High fibre carbs and unprocessed carbs will take longer to burn off so should help keep that full feeling. Your body takes ages to digest protein and when it is digested you usually start to feel hungry again. So make sure your meals have a good mix of unprocessed carbs and protein. Porridge is good in the morning but have some protein as well, maybe some cheese on toast or a boiled egg. (they are good cold and can be eaten on the run) Same for lunch and snacks, make sure you have some carbs and protein. Fruit is good but it is so easy to digest I end up hungrier in an hour then before I had it! Try cottage cheese and fruit, museli and yoghurt, scrambeled egg, some chicken breast and brown rice. Veg are great for fibre so eat as much as those as you can but try not to eat too much sweet veg. If you are not on a diet then nut butters, hummous, stuff like that on toast/multigrain bread are filling. Some people have high metabolisms and just need to eat more. If you are not putting on weight then eat away as long as its healthy snacks!