Anyone else looking forward to marriage more than wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sheep Posts: 626
I read on here about people getting so excited about the small things like invites and candles and favours and whatever else and I'm not like that at all. At the moment the wedding seems like a chore to organise and while I'm going to love getting pampered and wearing a beautiful dress, I'm not sure I'm going to like being the centre of attention that much. I'm looking forward to life after the wedding when we start planning babies and we get our cosy nights in front of the tv back again without having discussions about photographers etc! :o0 Anyone else feel the same or am I the only one who doesn't get excited about the small stuff?
tanyababy. Posts: 511
Sheep I know exactly what you mean. Before I got married I was more looking forward to being married that getting married. I did enjoy organizing the wedding but I was more looking forward to having dinner together in the evenings, watching tv, waking up together every morning etc. The wedding day was good but Im actually enjoying these newly wed days better
Sheep Posts: 626
For example people keep asking me what my theme is or what my colour scheme is and my answer is "however it turns out!". :o0 I'm not bothered about that stuff. I just want everyone to have a good time. After we had found our band I think we both lost interest in the planning a little bit because as long as the food and the music is good and the drink is flowing we just don't care about anything else! I don't care if our invites, my flowers and the bridesmaid dresses don't match and I wonder if that makes me weird? Oh well! :o0
BigDay08 Posts: 514
I hear you loud & clear :o0 :o0 :o0 People look at me funny when i try to explain the feeling so i've stopped :-8 I can't wait to be my H2B's wife and i'm sure we'll have a great wedding day but I'm looking forward to having our lives back again. These days it's all anyone can talk about. It's seems to have a life of it's own even though H2B & I make a big effort to make sure it doesn't take over.
cassieb2b Posts: 98
Girls congrats. Yee have sussed that your wedding day is just that a DAY! Long term compatibility and happiness requires more then a wonderful day at the beginning of it. I wish I had recognised this first time round and not added to my lifes complications. I thank the lord that second time round I know what really counts.
Mrs JT Posts: 256
Here Here Girls, Looking forward to bein married so I can take H2B's name (i am very proud of my name and would love to hold onto it but I could not imagine taking H2B'sname) and also planning our family... :o)ll
tsalta Posts: 329
[quote="Sheep":38p8zgsm]I read on here about people getting so excited about the small things like invites and candles and favours and whatever else and I'm not like that at all. At the moment the wedding seems like a chore to organise and while I'm going to love getting pampered and wearing a beautiful dress, I'm not sure I'm going to like being the centre of attention that much. I'm looking forward to life after the wedding when we start planning babies and we get our cosy nights in front of the tv back again without having discussions about photographers etc! :o0 Anyone else feel the same or am I the only one who doesn't get excited about the small stuff?[/quote:38p8zgsm] You have literally just read my mind - was thinking about this all day today. I'm already a little bit fed up of it all and to be honest, a little sorry we haven't gone off somewhere on our own and married! I'm sure everyone feels like this at some point before the wedding - especially those of us who are paying for the entire thing ourselves and working full time etc - it just doesn't give you as much time to think about favours etc and probably makes the wedding a bit more stressful for some... That said - I'm sure we'll all have a blast on the day! I am def looking forward to being married WAY more than I'm looking forward to the wedding! :lvs
tsalta Posts: 329
[quote="Sheep":2qy496ai]For example people keep asking me what my theme is or what my colour scheme is and my answer is "however it turns out!". :o0 I'm not bothered about that stuff. I just want everyone to have a good time. After we had found our band I think we both lost interest in the planning a little bit because as long as the food and the music is good and the drink is flowing we just don't care about anything else! I don't care if our invites, my flowers and the bridesmaid dresses don't match and I wonder if that makes me weird? Oh well! :o0[/quote:2qy496ai] Same here - don't have a theme or colour scheme either!! If you are wierd then we are too!!!! :wv :o0
MiLu Posts: 133
I can't wait to get married so that me and HTB will finally be related and have the same name. Of course marraige is alot more than the wedding but after 9 years together, 5 living together I think we know whats ahead of us. I'm loving planning the wedding and really looking forward to our BIG day.
Sweetcheeks08 Posts: 317
Oh god i just want the day to be over with.. Don't get me wrong i'm really looking forward to it but i just can't wait to get my (boring) life back - and to be able to chat to my H2B about normal everyday things rather than invites and prayers of the faithful... Aghhh at least i'm nearly there :-8