Anyone else loving maternity clothes??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

medea49 Posts: 324
Ok, I know the conventional wisdom is to complain about clothes not fitting during pregnancy, the awful state of maternity fashion, etc. etc.... but is anyone else actually [i:3r012dxz]enjoying[/i:3r012dxz] shopping for & wearing maternity clothes?? I have to say I'm having a ball-- normally the part of my body I'd be most self-conscious about is my mid-section, and now that I have a definite bump it's been a great release to let go of that anxiety and just relax into clothes that accentuate it!! Usually it would take me AGES to find a dress or top that I think suits me, but since I've been pg I seem to think it alllll looks good! :o0 I never thought I had too many hang-ups about my body pre-pregnancy, but now I'm starting to wonder what the heck I used to worry about so much that I never thought clothes suited me! Hope some of this feeling lasts after the baby's born, in any case!!! :)
Gingham Posts: 3014
I am really enjoying wearing the flowy tops and smock dresses and all that, they look alot better with a bump, gives them shape. however i do find myself picking normal clothes up and going, wish i could buy that...but ive no idea what shape i will be after the pregnancy so no point. i think we are lucky that the fashion at the mo is alot of flowy stuff so no need to buy specific maternity clothes. My clothes are mostly from Topshop/river island/pennies and they are fine....
honeybunch Posts: 1218
I'm the very same, now I'll try anything. Feeling very yummy these days, love my shape, love flaunting my bump!
milis Posts: 7998
I love maternity clothes too!!! I think the general complaint about them is that at the end of the 9 months you are so sick of looking at your clothes, and you wish you could buy something new, but there's no point, type thing rather than maternity clothes are yucky. I've a few tops that I really love, and I love the shape they give me too. I have boobs too for the first time ever, so I'm getting to wear tops that I normally wouldn't :o0
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
oh god, i'm so sick of maternity clothes! i went through a stage of loving them. now i just get p1ssed off in shops seeing all the lovely new clothes in, that i can't fit in to! can't wait to go shopping for myself when this baby pops out!!!
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
[quote="medea49":2e0v8sql]normally the part of my body I'd be most self-conscious about is my mid-section, and now that I have a definite bump it's been a great release to let go of that anxiety and just relax into clothes that accentuate it!! [/quote:2e0v8sql] medea49 I am the same as this about my mid-section...can't wait to be a bit further along and get some nice maternity clothes *)
Baby Babs Posts: 2596
[quote="nickname":3656sw6a][quote="medea49":3656sw6a]normally the part of my body I'd be most self-conscious about is my mid-section, and now that I have a definite bump it's been a great release to let go of that anxiety and just relax into clothes that accentuate it!! [/quote:3656sw6a] medea49 I am the same as this about my mid-section...can't wait to be a bit further along and get some nice maternity clothes *)[/quote:3656sw6a] I'm right there with you on that front. I'm relatively slim but always had a belly that I had to hide, so I'm looking forward to wearing my bump with pride. I just had my first look of choice in the maternity wear section. Not a great choice here in Germany. Looks like a shopping trip home is in order.
snowbear Posts: 2107
Same here! I'm pretty slim but totally paranoid about the belly so the bump actually suits me quite well. I'm lucky that I'm still fairly normal everywhere else, just the big belly. I got away with my own tops over mat jeans for quite a while but it actuallly feels better to be in the full on mat clothes... I think I just looked fat before! Having said that though I didn't go mad spending so am getting quite sick of my wardrobe... won't be at all sad to see the back of it!
wifetobe Posts: 1438
Hi girlies, just having a browse. I loved wearing all the cute tops and shirts too! I miss my bump soooo much! Was nice after the 9 months to get back into a nice pair of heels, but I'm crippled since! I seen two gorgeous pairs of shoes in new look I have my eye on for payday :wv
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
I love my maternity jeans!!!! But Im sure that will change... :o0 :o)ll :o)ll