Anyone else not taking supplements?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifetobe Posts: 1438
I took FA at the beginning until 12 weeks and then Galfer Iron for about 2 weeks at 16 wks but I haven't felt I need anything since. Should I be? Have a relatively healthy diet most of the time.
silíní Posts: 4219
I took galfer FA every day of my pregnancy after 13 weeks as i was low on iron. I took mumomega as i dont eat any fish and was concerned about the omega acids. Toyed with the idea of pregnacare etc but my GP said it was uneccessary so i didn't bother. Ask your GP?
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Took folic acid for 14 weeks and that was it. My bloods came back showing I don't need any iron. My doc told me there's no need to take anything else. Did the same on DS and he was a healthy bouncer.
Emme Posts: 4735
I take mine as 'insurance' in case I have a bad day of food intake! i.e. chips and burgers! Just to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins. If you have a healthy diet I doubt there is a need unless you start feeling like crap.
babybuttons Posts: 886
i will defo take something after the 12 weeks as i dont eat fish and im not a great vegetable eater.
s wife Posts: 1445
i took fa up to the 12 weeks i havent been advised to take anything else should i take something ???
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I took folic acid, iron supplements and Sanatagan Pro Natal on DD. I'm doing the same this time only I'm taking the iron tablets 3 times a week at most. I'm a vegetarian and while my diet is mostly healthy I do have days where a piece of fruit wouldn't pass my lips so I like the insurance of the vitamins.
byebye Posts: 599
Took folic acid until week 12 and was then told by GP not to take anything and to keep a healthy diet!! I'm sure if I'm deficient in anything it would have shown up in blood tests..
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
[quote="QueenyBee":1ubu382q]Took folic acid until week 12 and was then told by GP not to take anything and to keep a healthy diet!! I'm sure if I'm deficient in anything it would have shown up in blood tests..[/quote:1ubu382q] Same as consultant told me not to take any supplements as they are not needed if you have a balanced diet *)
moojunior Posts: 31
I took the Folic when I found out I was pregnant, started on Pregnacare but gave up. Im a veggie. I personally believe that your body will know whats best and baby will take what it needs first and leave the rest for you so if your feeling tired etc then you will know to get this checked out. Dont worry about it, women have been having babies long before suppliments were invented. Moo Junior.