anyone else training for the marathon this year?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
Just wondering how many Wollers will be lining up the October bank holiday?
dreamer Posts: 3941
Was going to give it a shot but been struggling with injury for a few months and wouldn't be ready in time. I will be out cheering on all my friends doing it though! Are you doing it?
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Oh no poor you, I know how you feel, I couldn't run for four months after the last marathon. Very frustrating. Yes I am doing it this year. Hoping to knock a fair chunk off my time and going for a 3:45 finish. Motivation a challenge this time so was hoping to find a few doing it on this site. Have to go run six miles now in the damp rain. Don't mind too much and know once I'm out there that I'll enjoy it but just hard to get motivated at the moment. Oh well, such is life... To be honest if you can run five miles without stopping it's not too late to run the marathon. its still only about 12 weeks away and while you may not have the most amazing time you'll still do it. My training has been woeful at the moment. Hoping for a mini miracle at this stage!
dreamer Posts: 3941
Thats a great time to be aiming for. I have been running for years, did a half marathon last October in 1hr 35 and have done numerous 5 -10 mile races since including a 5 mile last week under 34 minutes. :o)ll But I know with my problems and from going to physio I would have my work cut out building up the 26 miles without aggrevating things further!! I know what you mean about going out in the rain. Getting started in the worse part, once you are out there its fine!!! It is easier if you have a training partner or somebody though to drag you out on the days you know you should but just can't!!!