Menu

Anyone else waiting to TTC? Wanna chat about it here?

Go to TTC

WhatTheFunk
New Wolly

Anyone else waiting to TTC? Wanna chat about it here?

Postby WhatTheFunk » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi Gals,

So as the title suggests, myself and my husband are waiting for some things to fall into place before we begin trying to conceive. It's one of those things I feel like I can't really talk about with friends and family so I was wondering if there were any others on here that are waiting to TTC and if you'd like to chat about the wait etc on this thread?

WhatTheFunk
New Wolly

Re: Anyone else waiting to TTC? Wanna chat about it here?

Postby WhatTheFunk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Just giving this a bump since it's had so many views and no responses.

My story is pretty simple. Married two years, 27, was trying to get my career together before embarking on the baby train. Feeling settled into a decent enough (though woefully underpaid) job and Hubs is after finding a nice job for himself too. Still renting, dying to buy, but wondering whether to start TTC or own a home first.

Loads of variables and the goalposts are constantly changing but ideally we'd both like to start TTC next spring/summer. Anyone else out there waiting?

MrsSparkle2B
Wolly Addict

Postby MrsSparkle2B » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Slightly different circumstances here - was going to post yesterday but didnt so here i am...
Getting married next year so no babies until then or there will be no wedding :eek
Question then is - how long to wait? I would happily wait a year in a happily married buzz, enjoying married life, having nights out O-O , maybe a few wee breaks away (seeing as we will have been spending two years prior to the wedding living like hermits saving) etc etc ! BUT I'm in my early thirties, I'm being super naive that I will get pregant immediately & Hubby would have had kids years ago only I was having none of it so I cant see him being happy to wait, havent had the convo yet as afraid of the answer ... :weep

misslemon123
New Wolly

Postby misslemon123 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi
I am in my early 30 and got married a few months ago. Were going to ttc after xmas. I would happily waitanother few years but you start to hear of many people having problems. I guess when your in the 30ish age bracket you just become more aware that its not always that easy,also if you wait for the perfect suituation ie right job or house you could be waiting a while

whereland
Mini Wolly

Postby whereland » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Got married a couple of months ago, 27 so feel like I have a bit of time on my side and go between being broody and wanted to try next year to thinking no I love my weekends and holidays we'll wait a couple of years- time will tell! Will be interesting to see if this thread continues and to see people logging on to say they were pregnant!

misslemon123
New Wolly

Postby misslemon123 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:10 pm

The whole prospect about motherhood is scary. I never wanted kids i never felt broody and never got why babies were cute. But last year it was like i went to bed one night and woke up a different person. it was like a light switch and was suddenly all broody. Did anyone else feel that way. Hormones are power full things

WhatTheFunk
New Wolly

Postby WhatTheFunk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:42 am

misslemon123 wrote:The whole prospect about motherhood is scary. I never wanted kids i never felt broody and never got why babies were cute. But last year it was like i went to bed one night and woke up a different person. it was like a light switch and was suddenly all broody. Did anyone else feel that way. Hormones are power full things

This. A thousand times this. I was always fairly wary of babies, never really keen on being a mother. I always wanted to be a career woman and my husband has always been keen on a family. Then one day I just started to really want a baby, like really, achingly wanting a baby.

whereland wrote:Will be interesting to see if this thread continues and to see people logging on to say they were pregnant!

I hope so! That was kind of my intention, to have everyone chat about their experiences, why they are waiting, what concerns/worries they have etc and for the thread to evolve as people leave to actually start TTC. We'll see though! ;)

misslemon123 wrote:if you wait for the perfect suituation ie right job or house you could be waiting a while

This is very true too. Most of our friends with children began having them while they were still renting, and there will always be reasons not to timing wise!

I'm the same age as you Whereland, and I definitely agree that time is on your side when you're still in your 20s. I also have loads of anxiety relating to fertility, as there are infertility issues on both my and my husband's side of the family. I just hope to god we don't experience them, and there's no way to find out until we start to try!

smiley03
Mini Wolly

Postby smiley03 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:25 am

Im in the same boat girls..We are 2 yrs married now and in our early 30's...We both had our own house before we married so we have 2 mortages..one is rented...I work in the health profession and work crazy hrs in a very demanding job and hubby works away from home a lot...We love our time off together and goin on hols...I worry about stupid things...if we have a baby who will mind it..how will we be able to pay our mortages...When my sis had her little fellow 3 yrs ago he was very sick and that frightens the life out me...what if it happens to our baby...I no all stupid things...but im a worrier which makes things even worse..I love kids and I have one nephew who i adore...I dont feel broody yet but we have been talking more and more about babies lately...It annoys me when people say its time now u had a baby...I cant talk about it to any of my friends as none of them have babies...and theyd prob think im being selfish..sorry for the long post...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

WhatTheFunk
New Wolly

Postby WhatTheFunk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:56 pm

smiley03 wrote:It annoys me when people say its time now u had a baby...I cant talk about it to any of my friends as none of them have babies...and theyd prob think im being selfish..sorry for the long post...

Same here, it's why I figured a thread on here might suit. The weird thing is none of my friends are anywhere near the stage where they'd be having babies (unless by accident) so I feel like I can't really chat about it with anyone!

craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:17 pm

I suppose I'm kinda waiting to TTC....
Getting married next summer, so we'll see what happens after that!
I'm young, 24, so not concerned about any fertility issues (yet!)
We're both super broody so can't wait to start our family!! We own the house we're living in, but hoping to move into our dream family home prior to having kids and renting this one out - we're doing well at saving for everything at the minute, so hopefully we'll be in our dream house within a year or two.
My plan (not that you're able to plan these things) would be to have three kids by the time I'm 30 or 32, I want to be a young mum and he doesn't want to be an old dad (he's 6 years older than me and conscious of that fact).
We're both in good, secure jobs so thankfully finances aren't an issue at the moment, but constantly saving for a rainy day as you just never know. Ideally i'd like to be in our dream house before babies arrive, but won't stay on contraception until then, coming off it after the honeymoon.

This is a lovely idea for a thread, hopefully it grows and grows and we start seeing babies on this thread!!

Next

Go to TTC