Anyone engage early and deliver early???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

borntobeamammy Posts: 324
Hi ladies I had a scan yesterday and the babys head is well engaged,kinda knew it had by the change in my body.But im just wondering if anyone whose baby engaged early,if you went early??? Just curious,i have a very strong feeling i will go early and have thought that from very early on in my pregnnacy(prob just wishful thinking and means nothing but just wondered as i cant shift that feeling!!!!) Many thanks x
Daff Posts: 11644
I was fully engaged at 36 weeks and DD arrived on EDD. I did loads of research on this at the time and I never found any link :o( on the good side though a lot of the work is done for you. Keep bouncing on your ball and walking as much as possible. I was only in labour 5 hours!
Thanks for that,i thought it might be a long shot but was just curious,i guess it depends on what baby has in store for me :o0 Well im half way there then so,wow 5 hours,oh i hope im that lucky!!!! im bouncing away on my ball,can i start raspberry leaf tea now or wait til im a bit further on?? someone mentioned that baby can disengage too,i thought once in positon they stayed put??? my babys head had been down for weeks now before engaging and hasnt budged,what are the chances it will now???
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Both mine were engaged from 30 weeks and delivered DD 1 at 39+4 and DD2 at 39+1, they did bob in and out during that time and DD2 went breech and then turned again so not sure there is any link really but hopefully ur little one decides to come on time ! On a good note as another poster said it can make for fast labours was 3 hours on DD1 and 1 and a half on DD2 No RL tea until 36 weeks as u don't want baby born too early
Daff Posts: 11644
it's unlikely on your first to disengage. I started taking raspberry leaf tea from 34 weeks and then the tablets from 36 onwards. They won't bring on labour, they strenghten the uterus to make the second stage quicker so you should be ok to start tkaing now.
Thanks for that about RL tea,I hope s/he doesnt move although there really isnt much room at all for movement and has kinda got comfy in that position for weeks now,has been head down and back to stomach for so long,i can actually feel its whole shape.like back and bump and constantly get a knee in the side!!!
smurf77 Posts: 2216
LOs head enaged early and they told me Id go early so was ready and waiting DS came on due date!
ticketyboo Posts: 625
dd was engaged form around 31 weeks, kept popping in and out though i delivered her at 39+2
Thanks ladies, So i guess the moral of the story is.................babs will come when s/he wants to!!!!!! Im pretty sorted anway,have all my stuff for my bag,just on the look out for a nice medium sized holdall to pack for my hospital bag,labour bag packed,clothes all washed and ironed and sitting waiting in hotpress to pack,and just have to put some shelves in babs wardrbe and paint room cream and im sorted!!!!! im just gettin impatient to meet this lo :o)ll
wifin Posts: 4761
Fully enagaged at 30 weeks. Went into labour 36+6, arrived at 37. 25 hour labour...ouch! Good luck :lvs