anyone ever bought furniture from argos?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
fsil was wondering what the quality would be lke. she has spotted a sofa she really wants and was asking me. i said anything i have heard has been good bt i know the people to ask so any reports?
MammySpice Posts: 2501
Bought a bedroom dresser before that was CRAP! But to be fair it was flat pack and the final quality could have had a lot to do with the inadequacies of the person assembling it (in other words diy is not my thing and I made a mess of it)! :o0 :o0
Mrs NoDateYet Posts: 288
I bought our king size bed and its great! Of course OH wasn't one bit impressed to find it came in 400 and something parts but he put it up in a day!
:o0 ya i bought a bed like that but h2b oves whe i buy stuff that needs put together
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
we got a couch there and its ok. Comparable to IKEA its not that great but still ok. - Have to say back home I always rather bought furniture in IKEA. :-8
if we had one it would be great. the proce of furniture is only scandalous
mummy bear Posts: 3824
NO NO NO NO NO is all i will say about argos furniture shit we have gone through a couch which was shit material and ripped after about 7months and also we bought a computer desk and dresser and drawers and also shit wood. just my opinion beans someone else might come on and say different
its honest opinions i am looking for so dont be sorry
knitter Posts: 183
We had a wardrobe from there and to be honest it was rubbish.
lil-star Posts: 3149
i got a chest of drawers and the bottoms of all the drawers fell through!! i got tops stuck in between 2 drawers and cant pull one of them out!! so not good on my behalf, wouldnt buy any big furniture from there for sure!