anyone ever had their hotmail acc hacked??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lstars Posts: 1199
hey, just popped online to my hotmail acc, today at 3.30 (when wasn't home) my hotmail acc sent messages to everyone on my contact list, except it did it in groups of five (rather than one big email) the emails seem to have no message but all of them contain a different internet address (never heard of any of the sites)for i guess the people to click into. i have done an email to everone on list to warn them, but i'm worried if someone hacked into my account?? and read my email messges?? reason being is that info when i book things online- credit card details etc contained in messages, and also my postal address etc? just changed my password there but i'm not sure what to do. ps= havent used my hotmail in public place.
Muse Posts: 1580
Yeah, it happened to me recently. I changed my password straight away. Make sure you never keep your bank details in any Saved or Sent folders.
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
I would suggest moving from Hotmail completely, it has to be one of the worst email providers ever, my friends accounts are always sending out virus emails. Yahoo or Gmail are really good.
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Mine was hacked for months and i never knew it, changed my password and it hasnt happened since thank god..i had a load of sents for some chinese web site crap..
My friend's Gmail was hacked a couple of weeks ago though.
randomusername Posts: 2134
Yeah it happened before and then flights were booked through aer lingus on our cc >:o( had to cancel all cards and have new ones re issued. I was fuming esp since none of the details were saved in emails but there were confirmation emails from places like asos that obviously had my details stored and they somehow managed to get them through there. Changed to gmail but gmails were attacked and hacked there a couple of weeks ago so it appears none of them are safe. I try to use paypal or 3v cards if I'm buying anything online now
make sure to never leave yourself logged in to your email accounts. Always Log Out and re-enter your password each time (even if you save the email address part on your computer). that's how they got in to my account.
thanks girls, bit worried, been googling it for past hour. not sure if i shoudl cancel all cards?? like that, it was confirmation emails that were on it. :eek
But did they have full card numbers on them? I thought it was usually like **** **** **** 1234 ?
to be honest i'm not sure. i have about 6 years of email on there (i never delete anything) all deleted now. just worried as watermelon just said: [quote="watermelonbelly":1e0luaqb]Yeah it happened before and then flights were booked through aer lingus on our cc >:o( had to cancel all cards and have new ones re issued. I was fuming esp since none of the details were saved in emails but there were confirmation emails from places like asos that obviously had my details stored and they somehow managed to get them through there. Changed to gmail but gmails were attacked and hacked there a couple of weeks ago so it appears none of them are safe. I try to use paypal or 3v cards if I'm buying anything online now[/quote:1e0luaqb] anyway ALL emails now deleted!