anyone ever wonder...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lstars Posts: 1199
.. how the brides on 4 weddings do their weddings for like 6-7 grand???? they seem to have lots of extras as well, but never seem to spend much money?! i watched one a few weeks back and the girl spent just a silly amount like £570, (the other brides suspected she spent more) but norm they have budget of a few thousand and seem to have a fair bit? anyways. just something i always thought was a bit strange? (like im missing some secret or something?) i wish they would itemise down exactly what they spent their budget on!!
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Things seem to be a lot cheaper over there but lots of em have pub receptions so thay would really bring prices down, our reception alone over is 1/3rd of total wedding budget..
Muse Posts: 1580
Maybe because loads of them have buffet-style meals with the likes of cocktail sausages?
lstars Posts: 1199
yeah i guess alot do seem to have pub grub/ buffet, but still feeding 100 + pple, but some on it have the sit down meals and still same samll budget, and also dresses, suits, rings, chair covers, you know all the usual stuff. i suppose just wondering (because they dont itemise it) are the prices slighly pushed down? (pob just being very cynical and nosey!)
I think also that everything here is quite overpriced. Maybe, where we would spend 1000-2500 on a dress, they wouldnt? So many of the meals in Ireland are outlandish prices, whereas I doubt they are in the UK.
yippeeme Posts: 2139
Yeah often wondered about this too. Did ye see the one recently that had an irish girl who was marrying a Scotsman but the wedding was in the Red Cow hotel? Think she spend around 20/25 grand total n the other english girls thought hers was really expensive, but they also thought she had out on a great spread wit sit down dinner n loads of courses as is traditional here. Lots of the receptions on 4 weddings are in pubs/rugby clubs and have buffet style food alrite. Interesting thread! ;o)
theoracle Posts: 7664
Perhaps they are referring only to the money they (the couple) actually spent without stuff 'sponsored' by parents etc.
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
they do seem to get it very cheap alright, god i wish ours cost as little, but in saying that we have saved really long and hard for our big day and its whatever makes each person happy
Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
Hi. I suppose its a bit like the Franc series, you cant always believe what you see on TV, a lot of favours pulled and product placement goes on, thus reducing the cost. The programs are editied to suit the point of the series. Pat.
I reckon the English think we go way over the top with our Weddings, in terms of what we lay on as a matter of course and how much we spend on it all.