Anyone get a beta hcg done at 5 weeks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

windycity Posts: 2241
Hi girls just wondering if anyone got a beta done at 5 weeks plus? Mine was 20,700 today and 5+3 days. Nurse said it is high. We are preparing ourselves mentally for twins and so excited and grateful after everything we have been through but Im actually starting to worry about triplets. :ooh :o0 :o0 :o0
Luka Posts: 1904
Hi Windycity, Yes I had mine done on my pregnancy with my DS. I was 5 weeks 5 days & 6 weeks with the 2 tests. They were 18500 on the 5 wk 5 d & 36000 on the 6 wk mark. So roughly doubling. So your's does seem high! Have you any morning sickness? Mine got very bad after the 6 week mark, but all in a good cause. It's a great sign your HCG is so high. They thought initially with me there were twins as I was so nauseuos but it was just himself :o0 Great results Windycity, a sign of a strong pregnancy!
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll yay! Thanks Luka!!! We had IVF and had two embryos put back so there is a strong chance of twins!! Ive no MS so far... sick this eve alright but lucozade really helps. Im going to be massive and a diabetic by the end of this pregnanct!! :o0 :o0 :o0 Have scan tomorrow week so Ill know then if its one, two or three!!!!!!! :ooh :o0 :o0
Thats great! Looking forward to your updates! ;o)
jewellb Posts: 2389
Windy delighted to hear your doing so well !!! :lvs :lvs
thanks JB. Googled it and of course Im now freaked out... levels are high so there are reports of MC and Downs and all that.. why did I do that?!!!
step away from google, windy!!!! just think if its 3 your done :lvs :lvs i cant wait to hear how many you have in there!!!
[quote="windycity":1pgmqxdg]thanks JB. Googled it and of course Im now freaked out... levels are high so there are reports of MC and Downs and all that.. why did I do that?!!![/quote:1pgmqxdg] Ah Windycity! Don't be doing that. I had my hcg done on my 1st miscarriage & at 7 weeks it was 1500. Very low. So I don't know what you are worrying about. Your level's are high, but in the normal range. I myself was thinking that your levels are high, but maybe not "twin" high,so there's no need to worry about not being in the normal range. I don't know what age you are, but I was 36 when my DS was born (tomorrow, last year) & he's perfect. Down syndrome rates are actually quite low, being honest! Come to think of it, you may be getting a double surprise, but if it's only the one, everything will be perfectly fine. Relax & enjoy !
thanks girls! Think it was the hormones!! Dh giving out to me like mad for Dr Googling!!! lol I need to step away from the internet :o0 xxxx Jewel how are you getting on with things?
All good Hun on day 6 of stims, have 15 follies, 6 are just over 10 the rest around 6-8mm after 5 days of stimulation can you rem what size yours were your my inspiration, can't believe how easy the inj are and am basically symptom free only I didn't sleep great last night!!! :lvs :lvs