Anyone get a Slumber Bear recently? - Update!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Please help, after being unable to get the SB Plus in Blue locally I ordered it online. It arrived today, but I think it was previously opened. The little wire securing clips were undone and there is a little compartment under box which is empty - I prtesume something is missing from this. Also surely it comes with a manuel or literature of some kind?? Anyone know???? I got nothing. And it doesnt seem to work, but as there is no manuel In dont know if I have it right. Put in batteries and twiddled and pressed everthing but no sounds. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Where did you order it from?
Tigletts Posts: 2904
DM I got one last week online too from Baby Sleep shop in the UK. It came with instructions. Where did you get yours from? It sounds like it was tampered with. how do you mean the compartment under the box is empty? PM me if you want.
autumnbaba08 Posts: 127
Hey Just wondering what a slumber bear is? Not PG myself so don't have a clue :-8 Have a friend who is expecting and wanted to get something different rather than newborn clothes.
Hi, I got it from www.travellingwithchildren.co.uk. There is a kind of space under where the bear is where I'm guessing you would normally find instructions etc, and there is none! I'm so mad, was looking forward to getting this, and I really don't want to have to do a round trip of 200 miles to Dublin to get one! >:o( >:o( O:| O:| If I don't start using it soon, it will be too late!!!! MsBubbles its a sleep aid for babies with womb sounds etc to help lull them to sleep.
quinny07 Posts: 103
Hi Just to let ye know that I actually got one in the Smyths in Bray last week, they had about 7 left so might be worth trying there , everywhere else was sold out
You should call them up and get a replacement. There isn't a whole lot in the instructions though tbh, if the batteries are in properly it's basically a case of switching it on. And choose either the womb sound (heart shape one) lulaby, white noise or a recorded sound (yourself for eg) Let me know if I can help anymore. Tiggs PS, it helps a bit with DS not a whole lot of difference though tbh
Thanks for your replies. I must have baby brain still! :-8 :-8 :-8 I found the leaflet, and had batteries in it upside down :-8 Its working now. Seems to keep him from waking when he's fussing. I'll test it properly tonight! Hope it works!
Good ! I'd be interested to see how you get on seeing as our boys are the same age. Let me know Tiggs
Well Last night I went up to bedroom to feed Joshua at around 8.30. I had him ready for bed at 9, and decided to pop him in moses basket and turn on bear just to see. He fell asleep within 3mins :eek , but he did grumble a bit after that for around 10 mins, but the womb sounds got him into a deep sleep. He didnt wake til 1.30, I fed him and had back in moses basket asleep within 15 mins :eek . He woke again at 4.30. This time it took longer to settle him, think he may have had wind which I couldn't shift or perhaps he was just well rested. He fell asleep again at 5.30 until 9 :o)ll . And since then he has had a 40 min nap, and now is asleep again!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll This is amazing!!!!!! Most days I would have got him asleep at 11pm, and he would wake twice in night but would take hour or more to settle, then up at 7, with one nap during day until 11pm again. SUCH a difference. He has never slept so much. My God I know its only the first day really but this is excellent. I am finally getting some housework done, and feeling relaxed myself. I'd recommend getting one based on the last 24 hrs anyway! :wv