Anyone get married in Rome? Help!!

Go to Weddings Abroad

NeonDub
New Wolly

Anyone get married in Rome? Help!!

Postby NeonDub » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi everyone,

First-time poster so be gentle! :)

Now that's it's officially 2016, it's time to get the backside in gear. We're looking into getting married in Rome in spring 2017 and are going over for a few days in March to look at a few places - but NO IDEA where to start. A lot of the posts on Rome weddings on this forum (and believe me, I've trawled it!) seem to date back a good few years, so if there's anyone who got married in Rome in recent times and can point me in the right direction, that'd be soooo helpful.

We're pretty sure that we're going for San Silvestro in terms of churches, so that's not a problem.

In terms of the reception, though, we have no idea. The whole thing is going to be low-key and it's going to be a small wedding, maybe 30-40 max. Restaurant or hotel reception? We like the idea of having a a nice meal with speeches etc. as per usual, a band coming in, a bit of dancing and then maybe moving on to a reserved area in an Irish pub til the wee hours, maybe with a DJ or Spotify playlist.

I've seen people talking about the Napoleon and the Quirinale in terms of hotels, but is there any point even going to see these places if they're crazy money? I can't get an idea of even rough prices from anywhere online.

Restaurants? Has anyone got any recommendations for a restaurant that we maybe could hire a private room in? I don't particularly like the idea of sharing a restaurant for my wedding meal!

Food is also a small issue. While our friends and siblings will be fine, both sets of parents are very traditional 'Irish' food eaters and bowls of pasta won't fly. Am I overthinking this way too much?!

That's the big thing to sort at the mo and I'd like to have some idea of where to go before we head over in March.

Can someone even start to answer my many rambling queries?!

Thanks in advance! :)

The Italian Wedding Band
WOL Network

Re: Anyone get married in Rome? Help!!

Postby The Italian Wedding Band » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:38 am

Hello NeonDub,

I suggest L'Archeologia,
http://www.larcheologia.it/inglese/HomePage.htm

With my band we played at several Irish weddings there and it is also the restaurant chosen by The Irish Club of Rome for their Christmas dinner every year.

I am a member of the The Rome Wedding Team
http://www.romeweddingteam.com/
where you can get all the other info you need.

If you want to write to me please send me a mail to
[email protected]

All the best
Marino

ElisaG
New Wolly

Postby ElisaG » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi NeonDub,

Congratulations! Rome is a great location for a wedding :)
If you are looking also for a videographer to capture your day I can suggest Alessandro Bordoni, he is amazing :) alessandrobordoni . com

good luck! hope this helps xx

marieconnie2016
New Wolly

Postby marieconnie2016 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:22 am

Hi there ☺

I am planning my wedding for October 2018 and I was wondering how did you get on in relation to picking a venue. I am hoping to have between 30 to 40 guests. I have emailed both st patricks and San silvestro churches... no reply yet. Emailed florist a band and photographer just waiting on replies.so excited. Was going to go with a wedding planner but decided to do it myself....

goingmad
Major Wolly

Postby goingmad » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Ladies,

We got married in Rome in 2015. So, hopefully some info I give here will be useful. We had just under 50 guests and we had went for the restaurant option with a musician during the prosecco reception and meal and went to a pub for the afters where we had a band - the pub had laid them on anyway, so we didn't have to pay for entertainment! We had our service in the Chapel in the Irish College and had arranged for a mini bus to transfer our guests to the restaurant. The restaurant was Orazio down near the Caracalla baths and the pub was Scholars Irish pub down near the Victor Emanuelle monument. If you need any more info, let me know. happy planning :) :wv

Rookie
New Wolly

Postby Rookie » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying to plan our wedding for October 2017, it will just be us and two friends as witnesses so not too much to organise. I'm trying to book a church but I'm having difficulties with times, the options are 10:30am (way too early considering there's hair and makeup to be done!) and 4pm which feels a bit late especially at that time of year when we'll want photographs taken after. Has anyone found somewhere that keeps to the more traditional Irish time of 1 or 2pm?
Thanks!

Classic Resorts - Worldwide Luxury Honeymoons
goingmad
Major Wolly

Postby goingmad » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi Rookie,

When we were planning our wedding, the info we were given was that the times are set for Rome weddings! We were asked what kind of wedding did we want - if we wanted an Irish wedding, stay at home. Why were we going to Rome to have an Irish wedding?

TBH, we had ours at 11am, yes its an early start, but you get the full day at a very relaxed pace. I was up at 6am for hair and make up at 6.45am. And I was awake anyway at that time! I have myself and 2 bridesmaids for hair and make up and we were done in plenty of time for 11am!
You could always get some photos done before your ceremony if you are going for the 4pm option.

Hope this helps!

NeonDub
New Wolly

Postby NeonDub » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi Rookie,

I'm the same, having a 3.30pm wedding and a bit worried about timings, aperitivo and dinner being too close together - as well as getting our money's worth from our band as they can only play til midnight! I think we'll just try not to spend hours taking photos afterwards so we can get to enjoy the day with our guests. It'll all work out.

laura-marie
New Wolly

Postby laura-marie » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 am

Transfer to Orazio restaurant.

I am getting married in Santa Maria Ara Coeli ( up in capital hill) next april.
I am just wondering how much did it cost to transfer guests out to the restaurant and back?
only having approx. 20 guests.
as only having a few people wonder would it be cheaper just to organize a few taxis.
All info much appreciated.

:)

The Italian Wedding Band
WOL Network

Postby The Italian Wedding Band » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:18 am

Hello Laura marie,

form Ara Coeli to Orazio is about 15 mn. drive, a taxi would be about 10/15 euros, otherwise contact this company and ask for a minubus rate
http://www.romecabtransfer.com/

And if you need music for your wedding day, pleae let me know.

Best Regards
Marino

Next

Go to Weddings Abroad