Anyone get the blues during pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sally Posts: 1140
Hiya.... just wondering about this, ive just started getting my energy back and am feeling well physically but now my emotions are all over the place. One minute im really grumpy, next really teary, im keeping myself awake at night thinking of all the things I want to get done around the house and how will I have the time but generally I just feel down in the dumps. Theres no reason for it, hubby is great, this baby is very much wanted and I havent really been sick or am not depressed about getting fat or stretch marks... think its just the hormones really and sometimes I do feel overwhelmed over how life will be when baby comes. I took two sick days this week as I just couldnt face work and people.... I really need to pull myself together. What will I tell my doc when I go to her for a cert???? Has anyone felt or is feeling like this and will it pass.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi Sally im sure what your feeling is normal, dont beat yourself up about it. Tell your doc the truth and im sure she will have no problem giving you a cert. I know what you mean about the housework, i see so much to do and im so anal about housework but i just have to let it slide cos i dont have the energy and im too sick. If i say it to DH i know he will do it but he is doing so much already he will be wrecked. Hope your feeling better soon. :xxx
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi Sally, don't expect too much of yourself. You are going through some enormous changes. It's only normal that you're feeling all over the place. Be good to yourself :xxx
speedy55 Posts: 512
sally i was so like that mid pregnancy. i just couldn't control my emotions; like a mini depression spell. it might be no harm to mention it to your doctor. thank god i'm not like that now but like you, i was physically perfect but every small thing could make me cry or lose my temper with my poor husband. this is probably no help but just to know someone else was like that too :thnk
sally Posts: 1140
Hi girls, thanks for your replies, just saw Mrs. Maternals post too and her replies. Dont know whats up with me, am just in a black hole. Hope it passes soon.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'm up and down like a see-saw. It's the hormones - unfortunately I think this can last all the way through! At least we're all in it together...
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Hi Sally, I had thiese feeling too at around the stage you are at. I have never had post natal depression, but have had slight depression before while pregnant. i put it down to hormones. I know how you feel, really down for no apparant reason, its a bummer! I took a day of work when things got really bad for me, and went got my hair done, and traeted myself to a facial - amazing what bit of relaxation can do! I think you may just need to take a little time for yourself - but it will pass, as quickly as it crept up on you. Hope your feeling better soon! :wv
ros Posts: 749
Just wanted to add that not only is post partum depression a recognised illness, but research shows that a high amount of women become pregnant during pregnancy too. Google it, there's loads of info there. Google pregnancy depression.
married wolly Posts: 120
Im the same - im sure its 'normal' - i was just tired for first 3 months - then got a burst of energy - and now just a bit down - i cant really but my finger on what im 'down' about - im a bit bored really - missing my social life i suppose - as when im not drinking i cant be bothered going out - and feeling a bit isolated! - hubby is great and family are great - suppose i just miss 'my life' a bit! - i think the extra weight is prob getting me down a bit too. Im sure this will all pass - but the hormones arent helping! dont worry xx