Anyone getting a sharp pain when they sneeze?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ellee Posts: 666
Really odd, can get it on either side, sharp enough to stop me in my tracks & bend over..... :eek should i worry?
sapphire09 Posts: 393
I've been getting this too, worse this week because I have a cold, I thought it was because the womb etc is stretching and probably more sensitive at this time than others so the extra pressure of sneezing causes more pain......
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I get that too. It frightens the life out of me, but it happened on DD too and everything turned out ok.
islandfun Posts: 3054
if you put sneezing into the search box above, the results of previous posts show that it seems to be common enough. I feel like my ribs will break when I sneeze, am like a fool trying to stifle the sneeze to avoid the pain.
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Anytime I sneez I always end up saying OUCHHH after it.......it's common enough I had it on my last bab and this one!
mooky Posts: 1501
thanks for posting this Elleq2 I've been getting this, and it scared the life out of me. Its especially sore if it happens when I'm sitting down for some reason.
mooky Posts: 1501
meant to say, i also get this if i stand up too suddenly.
djdee Posts: 2118
yep i get this as well depends which position i am in too. I am always trying to stop myself from sneezing. Have been very sneezy since about 5 wks.
Littlebaby2b Posts: 296
yes I get this too, Not so much when I sneeze (don't do it often) but if I laugh when lying down its enough to make me say ouch or sometimes when I stand up too quickly it happens.
BrideStuff.com Posts: 229
this is ligament pain and its caused by the stretching of a few of the major ligaments that hold the uterus in place.Its totally normal.I try to engage (ie.tense) my stomach before I sneeze to sort of lock the muscles, instead of it being a shock and it works for me.In terms of moving positions etc., just take it slower when turning over or getting up and that should take care of it.