anyone going with midwives clinic in Rotunda?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Toblerone Posts: 2698
Well, anyone going with midwives clinic in Rotunda? I wanted to have homebirth but DH said no. :o( Then i wanted to do Domino but outside catchment area. :o( :o( Phoned community midwives and was told to book in with the hospital midwives clinic and then transfer to Blanch midwives clinic so i'd get scan Anyone gone with either clinic???? thanks :thnk
AliB Posts: 59
hi, I went with Domino scheme in the Rotunda - is that different to midwives clinic? anyway it was grand and am doing it again this time round. They are all really nice and make you feel at ease with everything and best of all, it's free!
jen09 Posts: 1390
I did midwives scheme but seen midwife in hospital & it was fine; if anything happens & you need to see a doc it's not a prob; my midwife at the birth was also fantastic & I was just a standard public patient.
snuggler Posts: 1296
Hoping to myself if all goes ok..havent looked into properly but sister in law did and found them great. I am also outside catchment area, would ideally choose domino but will see.. will let you know and post when get proper info off SIL, waiting as bit anxious yet
Toblerone Posts: 2698
thanks everyone. I was in such a quandry I just needed some reassurance that it was an ok route to go. I think i'll go with this choice - it seems the nearest to what i'd like. :thnk