anyone had sickness at nite and severe headaches at nite?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

overthemoon99 Posts: 527
hi like i said above, woke up last night with the most teribble headache and also sickness, after a few hours it went away then came back again, got sick again and went again, have a very dull headache now more so if i move quick or something like that. is this just a pregnancy thing???? oh god i hope it does not happen again..... i'm not even 4 weeks yet.... i googled it and lot of sites said it was to do with the surge of hormones??? anything i can take to help with this or has anyone else had this?
Herry Posts: 84
Over the moon99, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I've been having morning sickness (nausea and vomiting) since about 6 weeks and have tried ginger snaps, ginger ale, dry biscuits, toast, travel bands, eating small amounts every two hours or so when I can. Also make sure you're not dehydrated it vomiting. I find the vomiting worse in the morning and late at night, although I've nausea most of the day. I don't have headaches but all that I think we can take is panadol. Perhaps have a chat with your doc about it. It's probably just the surge of hormones or maybe tiredness too - I know eye strain/tiredness can cause headaches too. Hopefully you'll start to feel better soon.
Betsy May Posts: 2168
I had the headaches and the good news is it only lasts a few days. I had them from about 3.5 weeks for three, maybe four days. They came and went, a dull pain during the day and really severe in the middle of the night to the point they woke me up. I didn't know I was pregnant so I took a load of Solphadeine but it didn't really help. You may just have to live with them knowing they'll be over soon.
thanks girls for replying, feeling so much better now sore head gone since about lunch time, got panadol just incase and says its ok for us to take, but hopefully i'll not need it again.....
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
I don't get headaches but I get really bad pains at night (like the worset period pain ever). Get them most nights from about 11pm onwards :o( :o(
hi goastchild2, you're about the same time wise as me isn't that right? are your pains like streaching pain iykwim??? i've had this a few times but did not last long but. hope your ok!!!
Yep I think I am. It's hard to describe the pain as it's just an intense pain that also goes down my legs. It steadily gets worse til I take pandol. I can get it occasional during the day if I have been sitting down and then stand up.
god you poor thing that sounds bad enough alright, have you been to your GP yet, maybe you should give your doc a ring tomorow and even chat to them over the phone if you can't get in.
I have my appointment tomorrow to confirm everything etc so I will ask then. Have lost my appetite too. Find I don't fancy any foods (I used to be bad with cravings before I got pg :o0 :o0 :o0 ) and can only eat small amounts as I do feel full. I'll gladly take it all though as I have finally got my bfp
ha-ha i'm the other way i'm eating loads!!!!! can't wait to get back to work tomorrow so i might try and stop eating so much!!!! God luck at the doc's tomorrow. :wv