As the title suggests, baby is now full term and I would like to get things moving on their own.
Does anyone have any natural methods of labour induction (that work)?
Thanks in advance for your replies x
Have you tried raspberry leaf tea?
4) 20 mins of breast and nipple stimulation daily. Again, meant to bring on contractions. It's a lot though isn't it!
5) Accupuncture. I'm going weekly at the mo and my therapist is going to start stimulating points to gently bring on labour from this week.
I really don't know how effective any of the above are. I think babs will just come when he's good and ready, but I'm gonna give it a whirl anyway. HTH.
these are the things I've been advised to do, by midwives. As to whether they work or not, we'll have to see!
1) 1000mg of evening primrose oil orally and if you're brave enough, another capsule applied directly to the cervix, as it's meant to soften it.
2) 2-3 cups raspberry leaf tea daily.
3) Lots of sex, sperm contains prostoglandins which help bring on contractions and the oxytocin released during orgasm also helps
That's great, thanks x
Fresh pineapple and a bath in Epsom salts! Good luck!
Walking miles and miles every day, worked for me at 39 weeks.
clary sage oil . I rubbed in bump
bathed in it n burned it. DD arrived on her due date
I drank loads of raspberry leaf yea try get the
leaf . I've just had a flash back to the smell n anxiety waitin on things to start
I am so uncomfortable and had to go to physio and get a support belt today. I can hardly walk with S.I. Joint Pain
Safari Girl had her baby on Sunday so I am going to try all of these over the coming week with vigour to get things moving
i would echo the tea,
also get on a gym ball as much as you can
eating a hot curry is supposed to help!
Walking loads especially up and down stairs
Had raspberry leaf capsules from early on.
Ate ridiculously hot curries.
Walked miles and miles.
Tried the nipple stimulation.
Tried evening primrose oil.
Bounced on my gym ball for hours every day.
Was induced at 12 days over.
Mum kept telling me the baby would come when it was ready and nothing would make it arrive quicker and she was right.