Anyone have a method of natural labour induction?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
As the title suggests, baby is now full term and I would like to get things moving on their own. Does anyone have any natural methods of labour induction (that work)? Thanks in advance for your replies x
MrsAug2010 Posts: 257
Have you tried raspberry leaf tea?
safari girl Posts: 309
Lizzie, these are the things I've been advised to do, by midwives. As to whether they work or not, we'll have to see! 1) 1000mg of evening primrose oil orally and if you're brave enough, another capsule applied directly to the cervix, as it's meant to soften it. 2) 2-3 cups raspberry leaf tea daily. 3) Lots of sex, sperm contains prostoglandins which help bring on contractions and the oxytocin released during orgasm also helps :o0 4) 20 mins of breast and nipple stimulation daily. Again, meant to bring on contractions. It's a lot though isn't it! 5) Accupuncture. I'm going weekly at the mo and my therapist is going to start stimulating points to gently bring on labour from this week. I really don't know how effective any of the above are. I think babs will just come when he's good and ready, but I'm gonna give it a whirl anyway. HTH. :wv
That's great, thanks x
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Fresh pineapple and a bath in Epsom salts! Good luck!
ructions Posts: 2689
Walking miles and miles every day, worked for me at 39 weeks.
gopro Posts: 1801
clary sage oil . I rubbed in bump bathed in it n burned it. DD arrived on her due date I drank loads of raspberry leaf yea try get the leaf . I've just had a flash back to the smell n anxiety waitin on things to start
Safari Girl had her baby on Sunday so I am going to try all of these over the coming week with vigour to get things moving :o)ll I am so uncomfortable and had to go to physio and get a support belt today. I can hardly walk with S.I. Joint Pain :weep
digsy Posts: 1257
i would echo the tea, also get on a gym ball as much as you can eating a hot curry is supposed to help! Walking loads especially up and down stairs
Twirler Posts: 1644
Had raspberry leaf capsules from early on. Ate ridiculously hot curries. Walked miles and miles. Tried the nipple stimulation. Tried evening primrose oil. Bounced on my gym ball for hours every day. Was induced at 12 days over. Mum kept telling me the baby would come when it was ready and nothing would make it arrive quicker and she was right.