anyone have a tesco credit card?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

excitedfor2010 Posts: 336
Hiyas just wondering if anyone has a tesco credit card and how do you find it? I am thinking of ordering one now as always forget my clubcard, least if I had the credit card its all in 1.
thats unreal, youd think theyd be wanting the business. would love to get one as at the minute just have the bank of ireland one. my friend has a credit card that earns her vouchers for next - cant remember which one it is but she got 40e next vouchers there the other day, would love to be earning something while I spend >:o)
trance Posts: 3129
I had one and got rid of it because it had the highest interest rate of all the credit cards in Ireland (was 18.4% at the time)!! There was some website where you could check which of course I can't remember the name of but if you google it you can find it, I changed to an AIB Click which has the lowest rate (8% at the time), so just check this out before you do anything. Found the website http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/costcomparis ... t_card.htm
Jeidi Posts: 3128
We have an AIB visa, and I am going to clear it off next week, close the account and move to Tesco. The best thing is you get Tesco points on all your purchases... and if you pay it back you dont get charged interest. But in saying that, I'd be p!ssed off if they denied geting any paperwork as another poster said. I rang them twice last week and twice they transfered to to the UK phone centre and no one could help me there. Gave up after that,....
neytiri Posts: 844
OMG do yourself a favour and STAY AWAY from Tesco credit cards. Im not sure what their interest rates are like these days but if you miss a payment they put you straight on the bad credit list in Ireland and they are NOT open to discussion about it - i almost couldnt get my mortgage a few years ago becuase of them. PLEASE DONT DO IT!!!
Jeidi Posts: 3128
[quote="Neytiri":2p4zh7s1]OMG do yourself a favour and STAY AWAY from Tesco credit cards. Im not sure what their interest rates are like these days but if you miss a payment they put you straight on the bad credit list in Ireland and they are NOT open to discussion about it - i almost couldnt get my mortgage a few years ago becuase of them. PLEASE DONT DO IT!!![/quote:2p4zh7s1] Feck thanks for the info. Did you get sorted in the end. The only reason I'll be getting one is coz I do my shopping in Tesco and I can use the card and transfer money back into the cc account that night. Unless I want to get things online or book flights etc. Sadly I am very disciplined and generally wont run up debts.
hiyas i didnt apply for the tesco credit card the last time but really thinking about it now again after getting my clubcard vouchers in the post, they have some good stuff on offer and id rake up loads of points if i got the credit card, does anyone else have any info on it, i dont think you can see your statement on line if in the republic? is it more hassle than its worth?