Anyone have to reduce their ww propoints to loose weight?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Hi Girls, I have about 12 pounds to loose and am starting pro points again today. I'm wondering if anyone had to reduce thier points to loose weight? 29 * 7 + 49 seem like an awful lot. I'm just afraid I wont loose an ounce. I only lost weight when on 15 or 16 points with the old system and am half thinking of just sticking with that as I'm not going to a class. Would love some advice and opinions on this. Thanks girls. xx
PeaPod Posts: 583
Hi lovethesite, I had 13 pounds to lose and did it with the new WW propoints. I used my full 29 every day and my 49 aswel and I lost it! My advice would be just give it a chance and see how you get on, use up all your points at the start and you will be suprised at how much you lose!
Thanks a mill Candy. Do you mind me asking how long it took you and alsi if you exercised aswell?
It took me from Jan-April. I am seriously hopeless at exercising so didnt do much at all! Am taking swimming lessons at the moment and thats the extent of my exercise once a week :-8
That sounds great. A lot of people say that ww is useless unless you have a lot to loose so its great to know that it can be done. Apologies for all the questions but did you loose much in the first 2/3 weeks, I have a big night out in two weeks and would love to have 5 or 6 pounds gone for that. also, do you mind me asking if you kept it off or if you have to keep watching what you are eating?
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
Hi i started ww plan (i'm not going to the meetings just following the plan) 1 month ago and have lost about 4-5lbs - I'm not overweight but am at the top end of my weight for my height ( i weighed myself one of the mornings during the week and was actually down 6 pounds) i use all the points during the week and I also am trying to do the couch to 5k plan and am finding the two together really work. I used to never exercise but am now getting out for 20mins every day and it is making a massive difference. So for me its working. There is a chance if you are too strict with your points you might get fed up with it.
I lost 5 pounds in my first week :) I stuck to it religously that week and was delighted with myself! Think I would have lost my weight sooner but I went on holidays in Jan and put a few pounds back on >:o) [quote:30zti7c5] A lot of people say that ww is useless unless you have a lot to loose so its great to know that it can be done.[/quote:30zti7c5] Absolutely!! I felt a bit stupid at first because everyone said sure you're grand why would you be wanting to lose weight but I feel great now after losing the few pounds! [quote:30zti7c5]do you mind me asking if you kept it off or if you have to keep watching what you are eating?[/quote:30zti7c5] I still watch what I eat but I'm not too strict with myself! Can sorta tell when I've put on a pound or so now and am good for a couple of days to lose it again! The main thing that helps me now is there's certain things I just don't eat since starting it because I didn't realise how not worth it some things were!! Muffins and scones for example :o0
Thanks a mill for the replies, I'm really excited now. Have a wardrobe full of clothes that are too tight! I'll keep ye posted on my loss :-) I think I'll stick to 29 a day until Friday and then use Friday as my starting day from then on.