anyone heard of Declan O'Rourke (singer/songwriter)?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Delish Posts: 4176
Just wondering is this guy pretty well known? I went to see him last week and he blew me away, thought he was brilliant. I didn't know what to expect as I'ld never heard of him before last week. He was absolutely fabulous, and was backed by the rte chamber orchestra - will definitely be getting his new cd as a Chrimbo gift for someone (maybe me >:o) ). So is he famous or not?
dreamer Posts: 3941
[quote="Delish":3sr12p1m]Just wondering is this guy pretty well known? I went to see him last week and he blew me away, thought he was brilliant. I didn't know what to expect as I'ld never heard of him before last week. He was absolutely fabulous, and was backed by the rte chamber orchestra - will definitely be getting his new cd as a Chrimbo gift for someone (maybe me >:o) ). So is he famous or not?[/quote:3sr12p1m] Yip - He's pretty well known. Not a fan myself but I know lots who are.
brooklynbride Posts: 282
yeah, he's pretty big. I don't like all of his songs but I love Galileo and am actually hoping to walk up the aisle to it...if I'm let...
sinion Posts: 6050
yep, i'm a big fan, been going to his gigs for many years now!
Little Miss Naughty Posts: 1046
absolutley love him - been a fan for the past few years. Saw him play in NCH with National Concert Orchestra - it was absolutley class. Ray D'arcy took a shine to him a few years back and played his song Gallileo daily on his radio show.
fire fly Posts: 1241
I love him! Wasn't too gone on him till I saw him live and he is out of this world. He has such a conection with the crowd. I could listen to him all day long! WOW!
fire fly Posts: 1241
Sorry double post *)
Daisy Doo Posts: 1091
He's very good.
mad woman Posts: 22106
One of Dh's friends is very good friends with him, They went to school together, he's from ballyfermot and AFAIK he is playing in the Olypmia on sat ( I might be wrong!)
angel1 Posts: 62
yeah he's brill went to see him in dolan's few yrs back we bought he's CD after the gig... I love he's song 'Love is the way' ... buy the CD you'll love it