Menu

Anyone here uses menstrual cups? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ohsotired Posts: 7071
[quote="quartz":36n54iah][quote="ohsotired":36n54iah]I can't bring myself to use tampons other than when in the shower so don't think these would be for me!! They give me the shivers thinking about them!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:36n54iah] ?????? You use a tampon when you shower?????[/quote:36n54iah] Yes - for that or swimming!
silíní Posts: 4219
I dont understand why you would use a tampon specially for a shower.... Havent tried the mooncups but would be tempted. Baby babs lots of girls on rollercoaster use them, think its on the eco friendly matters thread. S
ohsotired Posts: 7071
[quote="silíní":mmlhzpo2]I dont understand why you would use a tampon specially for a shower.... Havent tried the mooncups but would be tempted. Baby babs lots of girls on rollercoaster use them, think its on the eco friendly matters thread. S[/quote:mmlhzpo2] Showers & swimming! Even for short lengths of time though I really don't like using them - each to their own I guess! :o0
Baby Babs Posts: 2596
ohsotired, fair enough. I just wanted to make people aware of this alternate. Cups can be safely used for swimming and sports and easily forgotten you are wearing them. Removing tampons after a short time if they are still dry can hurt though.. silíní, thanks for that. I had no idea there were other users or how well it known it is here, although I can't seem to find it other on rollercoaster. silíní, really do try them. If you even are tempted you and you do try them out and get on with them, you'll wish you had try it sooner. I bought from http://www.femmecup.co.uk there are many different cups now and it is hard to pick one, but I went with price as this seems to be the cheapest.
quartz Posts: 446
[quote="ohsotired":3s61ahth][quote="quartz":3s61ahth][quote="ohsotired":3s61ahth]I can't bring myself to use tampons other than when in the shower so don't think these would be for me!! They give me the shivers thinking about them!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:3s61ahth] ?????? You use a tampon when you shower?????[/quote:3s61ahth] Yes - for that or swimming![/quote:3s61ahth] When i read that first my initial reaction was you were mad. Then I started thinking maybe I'm the only woman in the world who doesn't. :o0 Everyone's different!!!!
silíní Posts: 4219
I use tampons usually but if wasnt wearing one i certainly wouldn't put one in for a shower...... i would for swimming though! Funny all our little habits!!
Service Finder
Diane a Posts: 1
Hi, There is this new brand of menstrual cups offering starter pack with a natural cosmetic gel cleanser for your intimate area, you should totally check their website, the brand is azencup, and their website is just the classic com site. I discovered it a month ago, the cup is really comfortable and the gel perfect to take care of my intimate area all month. I can't see myself back to tampons and pads, with the cup it is exactly like not having my period even when I have it....
Mia Taylor Posts: 13
I was thinking about buying it, but it seems a bit uncomfortable. Can you feel it when inside?
Kristry Posts: 2
Oh... I totally disagree with using that.
Kelly Jane Hartmann Posts: 2
I've been thinking about giving menstrual cups a try, now that I'm living in a city that's in the midst of a serious drought. My only concerns would be: 1. Isn't it super messy? 2. Is there a risk of leakage? 3. How do you change empty and clean out your cup if you generally feel queazy in the mornings? Haha.