Menu

anyone hit a wedding lull !! :-(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buddylove Posts: 3288
Hey Dont get me wrong... Still mad looking forward to the big day when i get to be Mrs Him.... BUT did anyone ever or is anyone feeling a bit of a wedding lull. Just over 9 months to go. Have the main things booked. Have been off work for a while and heading back soon so wanted to get things done and get the best bargains whilst I had the time to give to it... BUT now i dont really have to much to do end feb or march when Im ordering the BM dresses (although they are picked).. Anyone else feeling like this??
GirlFriday Posts: 1815
I'm a bit like that too jasper, ordering the BM dresses at christmas then in the new year going to sort out invites, once I get back into it it'll be fine though. It's been a year and a half since we got engaged so maybe the novelty of being engaged is waring off a bit :o0
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
yep jasper.. feel the same.. have everything done that can have really done at this stage and its like.. come on september.. hurry up!! planning this wedding for a yr so far and another 9 1/2 months to go! .. another 3 months and we'll be coming up to the 6 month mark, and hopefully then it will fly!!
Sprocket Posts: 1671
I did! around the 7 months to go mark, I was all planned out! But now that I've hit under the 4 month mark it's all go go go :o)ll :o)ll
JustBecause Posts: 3242
The last 2 months have been total wedding doldrums for me. It took me over a month to confirm with the florist! I am really excited to be marrying FH but I could happily walk into the registry office tomorrow. A lot of the wedding planning feels like it is for other people. BUT I know from talking to other people that it is normal to hit a lull so I'm hoping that after Christmas I will get back into it.
Jawl Posts: 8881
It comes in waves! I booked my wedding 11 months ago, and have 13 months to go. Well just over 12 really. I did loads at the beginning, booked all the big things. I've had a huge luxury in time, being able to research what's out there, and what I like. So able to get the best bargains. I think I find I do loads, then stop again, and pick it up again a few weeks later.
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
Japer11, if its any consolation, i envy you big time. I am the opposite to you. I have nothing organised and planing a summer 2012 wedding. I know its ages away, but kind of wanted to get started on the big stuff asap. Only last night i cried to H2B about not knowing what to do, cos although we have looked at venues, i just don't know whether we should get married here anymore. I'm finding it hard to make simple decisions. I never thought it would be hard, but am beginning to think maybe this organising isn't 'me' if ya know what i mean. So congratulations on having so much organised :xxx Distract yourself with other things for a while. And after xmas get back into the planning maybe
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
its really normal!! i know this time last year i definately felt like that!! did my last wedding thing in nov and then hoped i would feel more enthusiastic about it after xmas!! and lo and behold, when i hit the january misery, i had lovely wedding stuff to do!! that would have been about 8-9 months from the big day, but believe me, it goes away and the excitement definately returns!! take the time to chill out and enjoy christmas, wedding will still be there to plan with gusto in new year!! and you'll be able to say [size=150:18iw9aaw]' Im getting married this year!!'[/size:18iw9aaw]
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I'm in the same boat. The big things are done. The dresses are picked but waiting to see if any special offers come up in january. don't need them till next year anyway. Had a great burst of energy at the start but couldn't be ar**d doing anything now
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I went through a phase of getting loads done, dress, car, band, Dj, cake, course, etc but decided I wanted to leave a few things until the new year which will include bridesmaid dresses & invitations! Glad I have those bits to look forward to imagine it can be easy to hit a lull if you have lots done! Don't worry though it will come back round!!!