anyone know about building noise regulations?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

scoutf Posts: 667
I have builders outside my apartment and they started this morning at 8am! It's not the first time either. Anyone know if there's any laws about when they can start on the weekend? I can't find anything on the Dublin city council site
bettyandclive Posts: 233
I'm not really sure but I do remember hearing before that the hours between 8am and 10pm are workable hours. You should probably try the citizens information.
scoutf Posts: 667
Thanks bettyandclive, I always thought they had to start later at the weekend. Im really hoping they do!
Reesespieces Posts: 145
Hi,I had to look up something like this before for a relative with neighbours doing building work and I think the hours went like this 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday,8.30am to 4pm Saturday and 9.30am to 3pm Sunday. I could be wrong on the Saturday start time but I remember thinking it was very early for a Saturday that work could start. If they started at 8am this morning, they are in breach of the regulation, i definitely remember the 8am only applied to weekdays.
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
do you have earplugs? id be raging if this happened to me outside my house as i love my sleep and im definitely NOT a morning person...... >:o(