Anyone know about NCT testing???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Just booked in the car, and it says that car seats should be removed before testing. However I have my newborn in his seat in the front passenger side (we have the airbag dissabled). Now seemingly the car will fail because of this! Anyone experience of this? My only choice is to turn airbag back on, but God forbid if we had an accident, the airbag would crush baby. What can I do? I have to take him with me to the test centre! Any advise appreciated! :wv
*gone* Posts: 4785
I just deleted something I wrote there cos I was completely wrong ... some advise here on it Can you not get it enabled the day before and disabled again straight after the test?
Hi, Yes the seat is rear facing, but under no circumstances can you use a car seat in the front if the airbag is on, its on all the literature I got. NCTs are such a pain! >:o( Can you leave the seat in the car??? The website says if the car seat is left in the car it will be tested for compliance - I mean if it wasn't compliant with all the safety standards I wouldn't have baby in it! O:|
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Says here they just check to make sure it's fitted correctly. There's no mention of airbags: [url:10azehev]http://www.mx5ireland.com/tech/nct.htm[/url:10azehev]
Gee thanks TokenMale, that site is handy. Think I'll just leave it so, sure and hope they pass it! :thnk
TokenMale Posts: 6845
[quote="Desert-Moon":28k71vbo]Gee thanks TokenMale, that site is handy. Think I'll just leave it so, sure and hope they pass it! :thnk[/quote:28k71vbo] Now don't blame me if they fail you!!! ETA: Ring the NCT. They're very helpful with stuff like this.