Anyone know anything about the carreer break offer in HSE ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Ladies i'm just wondering if anyone has looked into the career break or shorter working year scheme on offer at mo from HSE, have ye any info at all and also is anyone condidering it??
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
Is it this one?
It is indeed, thanks a million :thnk :wv
Toblerone Posts: 2698
afaik, the HSE offered this three year career break but the unions objected as there will be no cover for staff who take it up so the HSE withdrew it. Also i thought the closing date was 1st July. TBH with potential public service job cuts many people i know in public/civil service haven't gone for it as they don't believe their job will be there in 3 years. After all if they do without you for 3 years why would they put you back into same position. Too risky was one friends response. Try shorter working year - this used to be term time and seems to be much better option for working parents. jmo
Was thinking that alright toblerone, just curious to see what its all about as would be great to work less after babs arrives. We got an email yesterday to say closing date was july 1st but applications still being accepted. Now dont even know how it'd work as i'll be on maternity leave till june 2010 anyway, its food for thought though *)