Anyone listen to Tony Fenton?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs W Posts: 2923
Is it just me or does he play the same bloody songs every day. He ends up turning me off songs because I hear them so much. He played Alanis Morrisette every day for the last 2 weeks and plays one Adele song every day too, mostly "to make you feel my love" but always one. Does no one in Today FM realise this and stop him or is it just me?
Doozer28 Posts: 881
I've never noticed, but I do tend to zone it out a bit, I'll have to pay more attention!!
hestia Posts: 2368
We have a Tony-o-meter at home. It's really easy. All you have do is get embroiled in a relentless competition with the person you live with to see who can come up with the poxiest pun of the day. It's so simple. Or big fat pimple, as the Tone might say.
tassajara Posts: 723
I think TodayFM has really gone downhill lately between Darcy pontificating in the morning, Foley trying his damned hardest to be funny at mid-day and Fenton may as well be doing the same show everyday.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="tassajara":2uun92mi]I think TodayFM has really gone downhill lately between Darcy pontificating in the morning, Foley trying his damned hardest to be funny at mid-day and Fenton may as well be doing the same show everyday.[/quote:2uun92mi] The older Ray D'arcy gets the more patronising he gets, he's like a mash up between Victor Meldrew and Gay Byrne :action34 Listening to him this morning he was talking about a charity ape run that he is doing on Friday where people 'donate' money virtually at different spots in a 2km radius in Dublin and he's to run to the spot and get within 20m to claim the donation. He was moaning about people only donating a fiver, he actually said he wouldn't run for anything less that €50! A fiver is a lot to some people at the moment, and €50 is certainly outside most people's range the cheek of him. Foley tries way too hard to be funny, he's just too much sometimes. And Tony tries a little too hard to be cool sure he was always like that even back in the 2fm Hotline days!
Mad Mod Posts: 1079
[quote="Mari yay":37jz6hf7] The older Ray D'arcy gets the more patronising he gets, he's like a mash up between Victor Meldrew and Gay Byrne :action34 [/quote:37jz6hf7] Agree. He's not as good a presenter/dj as Gay though. I like Tony Fenton. He's the only one that can get away with being such a 'jock', though I can't abide that 110 to 1 quiz. What Bruce Springsteen song did he play today?!
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Ray Foley makes my face look something like this >:o( Still enjoy Ian Dempsey though,would always listen to the Last Word on my way home and love KC!
Mad Mod Posts: 1079
KC is the best thing on the radio! Love having something to listen to this time of the evening.
hestia Posts: 2368
No Paul McLoone fans among the brethren then.Not happy he's been displaced by KC. Get that D'arcy isn't everyone's cuppa but I'm often amused by his grumpiness. Patronising is the last thing I'd decribe him as.
tassajara Posts: 723
I like Paul McLoone and I have to say that I really enjoyed the morning he was covering for Darcy last week. Lots of decent rock toons and indie music in the morning, it was epic.