Anyone NOT getting present for H2B??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

honest woman Posts: 322
Things so busy & expensive at the moment with wedding, myself & H2B were thinking of not giving each other wedding presents, just a card with soemthing nice written inside. Figure we'll have wedding rings anyway as momento of wedding itself...... Anyone else not giving presents?
buzzinbride Posts: 24
me neither... I/we can do without the hassle and expense of it. There is nothing that we want and I cannot justify spending money on something only for the sake of it. We have spent alot on our wedding rings. That will do for me.
vonanto Posts: 395
We arent doing it either, he is really bad at picking presents and he will just freak out my whole family trying to find something :o0 :o0 (not being critical he always does this but he thinks I dont know :o0 :o0 ), anyway I've spoken to him and we decided not to do it - he looked shocked that I would even expect a present :o0 :o0
Bejewelled Wife Posts: 2190
We are only getting something very small. I have asked for a charm for my bracelet. And I have to think of something for him - Maybe same extra special undies for the honeymoon. >:o)
rocj Posts: 799
we are not either we just cant afford it. my h2b was shocked also that we would have to get each other anything. he said the whole day was a present to each other and i have to agree with him. we spent money on our rings so thats our present to each other.
Beverly Hill Posts: 591
We're not doing it either. I don't want anything and I don't think H2B even knows that you're supposed to exchange gifts. Too many other things to pay for as well so I just can't see the point.
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Well it's an expensive day alright... I did get H2B a pressie though. After all, I did get an engagement ring so I think it's only fair. I got him a fancy new Samsung laptop and Bose headphones as he's into his music big time. I do get to use the laptop though so it isn't all for him I suppose! >:o)
honest woman Posts: 322
Glad I'm not the only one so!! Vonanto....think we are wedding twins :wv Although, looking at my ticker, it doesnt really make much sense as I'm getting married on a Saturday....... I meant to get himself an engagement present, and still intend to, but I'm a few presents behind at this stage so the thoughts of getting a wedding one as well just was more to add to the list!!! engagment present will proabably be given to him on 1st anniversary :o0
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
We didn't - I really don't see the point and think it has just become another keeping up the jones. On the e-ring, I gave some money towards it, only seemed right. We are living together in our house, we share all costs.
mandibee Posts: 305
Yeah im getting my H2B a huge present............................... [b:38jdu26q]Me!!!!! [/b:38jdu26q]:o0 :o0 Ah no - were not exchanging gifts... Really cant afford it... :wv