anyone not having a hotel/castle reception?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

thats amore Posts: 714
we're considering doing something different. is anyone not going down the hotel/castle route. if not, what are you doing? looking for some ideas! :thnk
lou83 Posts: 332
Dont really understand what your asking? Is it you want your cermony in a castle? We're not doing that but most nice venue's do offer to arrange that for you now. We're having reception in Castle Durrow - not so much a castle, more of a grand old house. Gardens are amazing so i'd imagine it would be beautiful for the cermony.
NowGone Posts: 8042
Private Houses? Restaurants? Marquee?
Ficidy Posts: 1753
This is where we're having ours (well, we're actually getting married here too): www.ballybeg.ie Photos don't do it justice at all though - it's really beautiful there. Like you we didn't want to go down the hotel route at all so we decided to go for this place instead.
ya we looked into the marquee option too. i just wanted to see what other people are doing. i love the idea of a restaurant. my friend did this in france. don't know how restaurants feel about it over here. do people do this much?
[quote="Ficidy":3tryczkr]This is where we're having ours (well, we're actually getting married here too): www.ballybeg.ie Photos don't do it justice at all though - it's really beautiful there. Like you we didn't want to go down the hotel route at all so we decided to go for this place instead.[/quote:3tryczkr] that looks fab!!!
Ficidy Posts: 1753
[quote="thats amore":1xprq3cu][quote="Ficidy":1xprq3cu]This is where we're having ours (well, we're actually getting married here too): www.ballybeg.ie Photos don't do it justice at all though - it's really beautiful there. Like you we didn't want to go down the hotel route at all so we decided to go for this place instead.[/quote:1xprq3cu] that looks fab!!![/quote:1xprq3cu] It is - I absolutely love it and can't wait to get married there next year. Maybe you could go and have a look... Would Wicklow be an ok location for you?
How about Beaufield Mews in Stillorgan?
i'm in the wild west ladies :o( tried lough cutra castle and it's beautiful so it's still on the list of maybes. we just want something different as we're having a small one-50 people.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Newport House in Mayo? Try the blue book: http://www.irelands-blue-book.ie/ Hidden Ireland http://www.hiddenireland.com/index.htm