Menu

anyone not having Bar Extension??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Missy09 Posts: 294
Just think it's a crazy price to keep the bar open an extra 60mins, getting married on a Sat & the Bar will be open til 1 anyway..
shaundow Posts: 269
HI Missy Did you ask the hotel about not charging the bar ext? Where are you getting married are they v strict on it? Also when we were looking the bars that were insisting we paid we had decided if we went with those most of the ppl would be staying at our wedding so would be going to residents bar anyway after other one closes so thats a way around that. Hope that makes bit of sense to you. But it is up to you, if your having a dj after band what time can he play til? Does that mean if you dont pay for ext then your music cant go on? :wv
evalena Posts: 1130
[quote="Missy09":3h0aayzu]Just think it's a crazy price to keep the bar open an extra 60mins, getting married on a Sat & the Bar will be open til 1 anyway..[/quote:3h0aayzu] This is another new thing for me....usually at weddings there is a residents bar ppl can sneak into. Altho usually by 1pm ppl are steaming enough by then...why would you pay a hotel to keep the bar open for longer when they are going to make more money anyway by keeping it open? Surely the drink purchased will more than offset extra staff charges.
november09!! Posts: 81
We're not going to bother with the bar extension, the bar will be open as normal until 1am and then there's a residents bar after. I think 1am is probably long enough for most of mine and H2Bs crowd anyway, might be happy enough to be getting rid of a few of the more drunken uncles at that stage :o0 :o0
Gina10 Posts: 104
were not having a bar extension either,we are allowed to stay up and supply our own drink after if we wish.wouldnt say we'd have too many up late drinking!!Any ways a wedding isnt really about getting blotto
Missy09 Posts: 294
ok I need to ask what time can disco go on until, they are looking for 480 for bar extension... Most of my family will go home as they live only twenty five mins away..
Flower Store
Gina10 Posts: 104
id say ur better off holding on to your money 480euro is alot of money for 60mins
evalena Posts: 1130
[quote="Gina10":6tlicjsx]id say ur better off holding on to your money 480euro is alot of money for 60mins[/quote:6tlicjsx] Is that what is costs!!!!!! ??? WTF - they charge YOU so that THEY can sell you more drink!??? I don't believe it.
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
[quote="evalena":1871oufc][quote="Gina10":1871oufc]id say ur better off holding on to your money 480euro is alot of money for 60mins[/quote:1871oufc] Is that what is costs!!!!!! ??? WTF - they charge YOU so that THEY can sell you more drink!??? I don't believe it.[/quote:1871oufc] AFAIK the hotel has to apply to the court for the bar extension. It used to be a lot cheaper which meant sometimes the hotel just covered the expense as part of their deal to couples but since it got more expensive, most hotels are charging it. Also I think the actual charge varies from county to county. Edited to add only you know your crowd best but in our case we did have the bar extension. Only very close family stayed overnight in the hotel so the extension allowed most guests to get as much out of the day as they could. Our hotel did allow guests to stay in the residents bar who were not staying overnight, which was very fair but not all hotels do this. Also the residents bar, was in fact, one corner of the function room and they only opened this about an hour after the DJ finished so the majority of people had drifted off home as they got fed up of waiting for the residents bar. My advice to the OP would be to find out from the hotel exactly what kind of set-up the residents bar will mean and decide from there.
moobear Posts: 1126
[quote="Missus Lippy":20porf4h]AFAIK the hotel has to apply to the court for the bar extension. It used to be a lot cheaper which meant sometimes the hotel just covered the expense as part of their deal to couples but since it got more expensive, most hotels are charging it. Also I think the actual charge varies from county to county[/quote:20porf4h] The charge was increased by the government so it is the same cost all over the country. The variation of the cost is down to the solicitors fees. That is why each hotel has a different price for the bar extension Also remember that the normal closing time on a Friday & Saturday is 12.30am & the music by law must stop 30 mins after closing time, which means that musicc must be finished by 1am. Depending on how strict your hotel is, they may leave the bar open until 1 & the music finish at 1.30am but you are taking a risk that the guards will come into the hotel if there is no extension at 1.05am & stop the music. The only way to ensure that the music can go until 2am is to pay for a bar extension. The bar extension only extends the opening time until 1.30am-by law! We are having a bar extension for all the above reasons but also to ensure that we get the most out of the day. I just want the day to go on & on & on :wv