Menu

Anyone not having chair covers??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

smileybee Posts: 82
Hi All Just wondering is anyone not having chair covers? My hotel don't supply them and i can't seem to justify spending €1500 on them. I keep changing my mind, one minute i'm about to order them and the next minute i change my mind. Do you think there worth the money??
babynumber1 Posts: 282
i am definately not having them! i think they ae complete waste of money. i must say that they do make the place look fab but i find them very uncomfortable to sit on and they are just whipped off after the meal anyway.. i couldnt justify that money! id much rather put it towards the honeymoon or something.
duck1 Posts: 95
Unless the hotel decide to throw them in, I'm not bothering. It's a lot of money to pay when the chairs are just fine as they are. I would think different if the chairs were really old and manky looking iykwim
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
Im not having them either couldnt justify spending the money on them, I would rather spend the money on something else to be honest
s wife Posts: 1445
i said from the start that we where not getting chair covers but the week before the wedding we had to go out to the hotel and there was a wedding set up with chair covers and it looked fab so i had three days to get chair covers ,and i have to say im so glad that i did ,it really made the room and it looked really well in the pics for 140 guest's it cost €520 for the covers and sasha's,and with it been a few days before the wedding we had recieved some presents and that is what paid for the covers :wv
aislingnyc Posts: 47
waste of money in my opinion - whos gonna notice/worry if they're not there! Aye they're nice but for the 5 minutes you see of them as you walk into reception room - then they're covered with jackets!
[quote="aislingnyc":8h1l7zzu]waste of money in my opinion - whos gonna notice/worry if they're not there! Aye they're nice but for the 5 minutes you see of them as you walk into reception room - then they're covered with jackets![/quote:8h1l7zzu] that was what i thought , but if you have the money or your given money as a present they are certainly worth it it makes ahuge difference in the pics ,dvd etc plus your guests do notice as when they walk into where your reception is been held it gives it a wow factor :wv
blueswallow Posts: 1244
They are a pet hate of mine! You put the leg of your chair on it and suddenly can't move or, worse, someone else puts the leg of their chair on your chair cover and you can't move and you have to interrupt people's conversation to ask them to move their chair so that you can stand up. O:| One of the things I looked for when booking our venue was nice chairs! Our hotel has beige chairs with dark wooden arms and have no need to be covered.
laketahoe Posts: 119
Not having them, the last wedding I attended in December had them and it was extremely annoying the way they were whipped off the chairs before the meal was even finished. People were still having their tea & coffees when the staff were taking the covers over.
[quote="laketahoe":3mmtzdt8]Not having them, the last wedding I attended in December had them and it was extremely annoying the way they were whipped off the chairs before the meal was even finished. People were still having their tea & coffees when the staff were taking the covers over.[/quote:3mmtzdt8]# thats terrible ,ours did not get removed untill the next day so we had them for the whole day and night,i suppose after all we did pay enough