anyone not having mass booklets?????????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

woohoo09 Posts: 630
Is it just me, or is anyone else not bothering with order of services etc? I understand why people have them, and they can be lovely, but I don't think we're going to bother.
mrsbrowneyedgirl28 Posts: 820
I think the mass booklet is an important part of the mass. People do enjoy looking at them
DiamondWife Posts: 1347
I'm doing the scroll myself :o)ll
MissFitz Posts: 66
Was at a wedding not so long ago and there were no mass booklets. It was the one thing that alot of people commented on (including my fiance which really surprised me!!) and to be honest I thought it was a bit of a shame as at the very least it gives you a list of who's who in the bridal party and if you have readers etc!! I think they are a nice keepsake but I totally understand that some people see them as a waste! I'm sure its not a big deal if you don't have them!!
woohoo09 Posts: 630
what's the scroll? the mass booklet on one page? sounds nice. *) I know people like to look at them. i do too. we just decided we weren't going to have extras like this. was just wondering if anyone else is not having them too?
DiamondWife Posts: 1347
ya a scroll is just basically the main parts of the mass, printed double sided A4, and tied with a ribbon, simple out :o)ll i have a template, let me know if you want me to send it on to you!!!! :wv
TanyaBarry Posts: 331
Im not having any either, this was part of our cost cutting
mrsmcduck Posts: 300
We're not having any. Our priest doesn't really allow them anyway, & I was more than happy to go along with him!!
pudge Posts: 192
Not having any, one thing I was definite about. Nothing to do with cost more to do with my sanity after reading some of these threads about making them!! TBH I've never heard anyone referring to a mass booklet or lack of one when they're discussing a wedding and they've never added to my day when I've been at a wedding so to be frank I couldn't be bothered!
honeyrugger Posts: 43
Nope, never agreed with mass booklets even at Sunday Mass, be kind to the environment and prevent the waste creation! Also more people will pay attention to the ceremony instead of just reading the book while you get married.