Menu

Anyone not inviting family members because of rows??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ellablue Posts: 148
brothers/ sisters?? Aunts uncles??
bridetobe2011 Posts: 154
aunties and uncles okay but my mam does not like my dads brothers and his wives so i dont know what to do as i know there could be tears by the end of the nite
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
My Dad & his whole family are not being invited. I feel out with the lot of them years ago.
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
I have 1 uncle ans 2 aunts (maybe 3)plus 10 first cousins not coming to our wedding. I think most families have at least 1 family member that wouldn't be going their wedding
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
uncle & wife treated parents like dirt, they still want to invite them. JUST DONT GET IT.
can anyone help me on this tricky situation one of my first cousins is my bridesmaid and she has 6 older brothers no sisters they have all asked to come to the wedding and i dont know what to do whether to invite them to day or evening. there will be some rows if i invite some cousins and not rest
The Fancy Photobooth
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
elainemon H2B has a hugh amount of first cousins. We told the family that we couldn't invite everyone & was only inviting those that we were close to. Don't know if that is a help
Beverly Hill Posts: 591
elainemon, could you just invite the brothers to the evening reception? Surely they would understand if there are no other cousins going to the whole day. Your bridesmaid would obviously be the exception to that rule - and completely understandable
ela28 Posts: 2552
couple of my aunts n uncles on my mams side wont be going because they(mams sisters) treated my mother and the rest of her family including their own parents like crap,couple of aunts and uncles on my dads side wont be going either as my dad does not really talk to them anymore(never asked why,never really crossed my mind)I asked him if he wanted me to invite them and he said no so that's fair enough!!
good idea but there will be alot of cousins coming as they young and they would not be able to get to the evening reception so i know i would have to invite those. its so nerve wrecking.