Anyone not send Christmas cards?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

whoop whoop Posts: 1616
Am I the only person who doesn't send Christmas cards? I never have, and never really thought about it. But this year, each one that arrives I've started to feel a bit guilty, cos I know that person isn't going to get one back from me. And I think the reason I feel guilty this year is cos I'm now married, and traditionally it is the woman's job to send Christmas cards. I mean, has anyone here ever received a Christmas card from a man? I know I haven't (except for attached to a present, but never one in the post) So I feel peer pressure setting in, even though no one is actually putting me under any pressure. So any other ladies out there who don't send them? Or...don't really see the point of them...?
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I haven't sent some to some family members as we had a bereavement this year but I have sent a card to everyone else who was invited to the wedding and some others. I like sending and receiving them, got them all written one night so it wasn't too much work. I know we get cards which the wife/partner has clearly organised and if I left it to hubs to do it would not be something he'd bother with. Because its important to me I don't mind doing it.
Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
Killing two birds with one stone this year with Thank You & Christmas card in one as got married in Nov. Waiting them back from printer now. I do love getting cards - not so much from work people but from friends and family abroad.
Rogue User Posts: 6101
We've never sent them and like you we're starting to feel guilty. I'm in the UK this year and there's no hope of him doing without me there poking him with a stick. Maybe next year...
Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
I'm not this year, though I have done before. I'm afraid people will notice and over-think it and think there's a reason why I didn't send them this year. The only reason being that I'm just not bothering this year. [quote:2198cv0k]feel guilty[/quote:2198cv0k] I do like the tradition of xmas cards, sending and receiving. I know when I get them, I probably will end up sending a return.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I cannot be bothered to send them this year. I've sent them a few years but last year I wrote loads out and never sent them. I'm a nightmare! So, in answer to your question, no, not sending them.
dymo2 Posts: 787
Always send them but not this year as we have had a breavment in the family but will send them again next year.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
We sent both wedding thank you and Christmas cards this year. Was very late with the Thank You cards so wanted to get them done before the end of the year we got married in! We wanted to send a Christmas card to everyone who attended the wedding kinda as our first 'married' thing to do as a couple, if you get me. Silly, but it was nice sending one from the Jones's**, rather than just from Smileykaz. I love getting cards in the post and like the tradition of a Christmas greeting and keeping in touch. I will say though, it is a bit of effort. Even just getting the addresses, remembering who to send them to, getting the stamps, having a few spare cards in case you get an unexpected one, it's a bit of a rigmarole. And at the end of the day by December 26, they're obsolete and go in the bin! If it's any consolation Whoop Whoop I'm not expecting any of our wedding guests to send us one back! I wouldn't notice if someone didnt' send us one so I'd say your friends don't think badly of you for not sending one, they probably haven't even noticed! **Jones is not our real name. And obviously I didn't sign the cards 'From The Jones's'. I used our first names! I'm not THAT much of a Stepford Wife!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Since myself and Mr.LastRolo moved in I've sent christmas cards, bar last year when I didn't due to a family bereavement. I understand why people don't send cards, its a lot of expense - between the cards and the stamps.
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I do - always have really. I think it's the traditionalist in me coming out - but I love both sending and receiving them. I don't send as many as some people - certainly not our whole wedding guestlist - maybe 30 or 35 cards.